Carp Anglers Group Forums

• 2 months later...

I'm from Iowa City and I fish with a guy from East Moline. We fish the LeClaire Canal and the Hennepin at the Rock on the IL side. The Lock and Dam 14 Recreation Complex has access to Smith Island which will give you good access to the canal and to the lagoon on the other side. Both hold lots of carp. The Hennepin has lots of carp as well, maybe not as big as those Mississippi carp, but we have pulled a couple of mirrors out of there. If you ever want to get together, I work the fishing counter at Fin and Feather in Iowa City, stop in, I work till 5 Monday  through Friday, and we'll go get some 20's at MacBride. 

• 3 months later...

I haven't hit Lock and Damn 14 yet. I've been trying out the IL side of the Mississippi as the access is a bit easier. IA side tends to have some serious rip-rap that I don't fee like climbing 20 ft down to try to fish. 

I've been digging through some of the DNR maps of MacBride and made a visit once but was just to look around. Hit me up if you planning on coming to the Quad Cities sometime, I'm also down to try out the IC area too.