Carp Anglers Group Forums
JasonB

Spy Pond (arlington) conditions?

Hey all,

I learned how to fish for carp on spy pond a while ago and I'd like to take a friend there to show him, but I remember a couple years back there was a large carp kill in the pond. Has anyone been there recently? Not sure if it's still a viable spot to catch some carp at.

Hi Jason

Hope all goes well with you. I know that no carp were caught at Spy Pond for Jerome's Fish-In for the last two years.

You might be better off trying the Muddy River outflow where it enters the Charles River or Leverett Pond instead. You should be able to put your friend onto a few fish there. Slightly further away is Lake Quannapowitt in Wakefield. The Merrimack River still has some extra water in it but may be an option before too long..........assuming no more heavy rainfall!

Iain

i fished Spy Pond last weekend, granted i had my son & wife so i was only there a couple hours, w/ no pre-bait. no carp caught, or sited. but it's a big body of water, and there was a high-pressure moving in, so i'll definitely  give it another shot. theres lots of room to setup , cast, and hangout so it would be an ideal spot to fish, if i caught fish