Carp Anglers Group Forums

Hey all!!!

Well after zeroing out at multiple local lakes, I got my groove back in the creeks!!!. In just about 5 hours, I caught 7 carp...more like what I'm used to!!......subtle bite worked wonders on straight sweet corn for four fish and 10g method lead with panko and hair rig for the others, but also hooked on subtle bite for 2/3 of them-one did actually run!!...It had rained this morning, not flooding the creeks, but making the creek murky and likely the carp were less shy......the 10lbr ran up and down the creek for 10 minutes before being able to land him! After a disappointing weekend, in which I caught NO CARP, I needed my fix and it helped lift my spirits and confirm my corn, pack bait and technique still works!!....to heck with lakes, eh?.......so 5-10, 2-10, 6-10, 8-8, 9-0, 2-8, and 10lbr!....the 9lbr appeared to be a pre spawn female, and is the darkest carp I ever caught!. I had seen her against the opposite bank with her back out of the water-I'm assuming she did this routinely and simply got her tan on for spring break!!........:)good luck all!!

June 25 2018 5lb 10oz.JPGjune 25 2018 2lb 10oz.JPGJune 25 2018 6lb 10oz.JPGJune 25 2018 8lb 8oz.JPGJune 25 2018  9lb.JPGJune 25 2018 9lb dark.JPGJune 25 2018 2lb 8oz.JPGJune 25 2018 10lbs.JPG