Carp Anglers Group Forums
jesse

Burnaby Carp lover from England seeking fishing buddies

Hi, I'm Jesse, I live in Burnaby near Deer and Burnaby Lake, I love carp fishing...catch and release and frequent the Okanagan and the sloughs of Pitt Meadows and nearby lakes for Carp fishing. I have family and friends in England still and I spent my younger years fishing there with friends. I have plenty of gear and make my own floats, boilies and dough bait and I miss having a buddy to go with that shares my passion for Carping! If any one on here interested let me know please.

_JES0097.jpg

Hi Jesse,

Yes, there are quite a few on the site, and the membership is growing. I am not sure there are many from your stretch of the woods, across the pond as we say. Maybe Ian or some CAG board/ members can help. Give it a day or so and you will get some more replies. I have only fished outside the US once, in Czechoslovakia and it was fabulous!!!...... Many are envious of the quality of fish over there and the reverance they hold in various countries. Welcome!!!.........  MO

IMG_9546 (3).jpg

Czechoslovakia? That must have been in the early 90s before the Czech Republic and Slovakia split? My grandparents came from what is now Slovakia. You can  Google and  find fishing guides in those countries. My grandmother's town had a huge lake by it. Always wondered if it had carp.

Ahhhhhh you are correct!......Sad thing is- most people appeared downtrodden, sad-they would not initiate conversation, and wouldn't make eye contact. When i asked, they stated it was because of communist rule. When i stated they were free, most stated their parents weren't and it still hadn't sunk in......very sad-younger people seemed a little more spirited..................fishing was good regardless!!!......