Carp Anglers Group Forums
(MN) chayathecat

Fishing gear stolen: St Anthony MN

Just got home and my garage lock was drilled out in the 5 hrs I was out. Every carp rod, Spod rod, nets,brollies, reels etc is gone. No, storing all gear inside the apartment was not an option.Police report filed. Now to start checking craigslist and pawnshops to see if anything shows up. Hopefully insurance claim goes through.

If anyone sees these up for sale,let me know: 2 Greys X - Flite 13 ft 3.5tc rods, 2 Free Spirit CTX 3.25 12 ft rods with cork handle,  2 Resistance Lightning 12 ft rods, 2 Mad dragon 3.25 12 ft rods, 1 NGT Spod rod, 2 Wychwood Exorcist big pit reels, 2 Okuma Avenger 90 reels, 2 delkim EV alarms red and white, 3 storm poles,bank sticks, red and white brollies, box of brand new: 3 spools fox mono, 5-8 spools braid, box of 30+ leads etc

Why can’t people just work for what they want. Hopefully you get the stuff back or insurance pays for it without raising your premium next year. 

Those rods and the tackle are specialized for carp fishing. Highly unlikely anyone will recognize them but use them for fishing in general. They might wind up at a pawn shop but my guess they will be taken to another town, pawned there or set out at a flea market. Hate that you lost all your carp gear. I wouldn't think your premiums would go up for one incident. My father said locks are for honest people.

March, 1970, someone broke into our house and stole 12 guns...three were my grandfathers. Gone!

Edited by (TN) Cannonball

Dude, sorry to hear this. People really suck sometimes! Hopefully the cops catch the guy.

I just bought two free spirit ctx 3.25’s from BCT. Did you like them?

8 minutes ago, Nanook said:

I just bought two free spirit ctx 3.25’s from BCT. Did you like them?

I didn't think the casting was amazing but they are awesome to play fish . if you are fishing around 70-100 yards consistently, they are great. I mean, they were,since they are gone now

Edited by (MN) chayathecat

15 minutes ago, Nanook said:

Dude, sorry to hear this. People really suck sometimes! Hopefully the cops catch the guy.

All the pawn shops verify against police reports. I am checking craigslist in the 100 mile radius,along with fb marketplace,eBay,Offer Up. These idiots have no idea what they stole. I probably will never recover my stuff but it will be interesting to see how the insurance adjuster handles the case.

Hopefully they take care of you! 

Let’s hope for a good outcome and you get stuff back or the insurance takes care of it. 

Good to see folk are helping you for the CCC. That’s the strength of the carp angling community.

Good luck with your insurance.  Please let us know the outcome, and what insurance company is handling your case.

Lol Larry. Police did locate 6 or so of my rods at a pawn shop. Will hopefully pick them up tomorrow and find out how beat up they are.

.........they were just looking to make money-didn't know anything about the rods, fishing, etc.,  If they did, you'd never see them again....so I doubt they're damaged, and you may just recover all of them. I'd check all your tackle/bait shops as well..... Just maddening!.....Unfortunate, as they likely have/can afford cell phones, a car, tools to open the garage, etc. so they didn't "need" the money, they just wanted more. I could almost see if a person stole a rod to fish for food/family-My brother and I give away rods/gear routinely to people/kids who really need/can't afford but also to people "just for"..........so sad. Good luck!!!....... MO