Carp Anglers Group Forums

Lake Washington

Just thought I'd post a few pictures of a few fish I've caught recently at Lake Washington. 

Prebaiting seems to be very important here. It's a fairly large lake. Mainly used boiled feed corn and millet about 5 gallons most days after work, and fishing on weekends. 

I'm also starting to consider moving away from the use of PVA except for maybe in the case of long range situations, and perhaps switching to pack, or method. It's a lot of down time filling bags. 

Unfortunately this is one of the few Lakes in the State where the use of two poles are not allowed, it's also one of the few lakes on West side of the state that chumming is allowed 🤪

Largest fish so far has been ~25lb 6oz (weighed without a tripod).  Look at the pectoral fins on this first guy. 

IMG_20190913_171430.jpgdrik.jpg

carp1.png20190913_165753.jpg

IMG_20190914_142715.jpgIMG_20190914_154842.jpgcarp4.jpg20190913_181333.jpg

20190913_181135.jpg

• 11 months later...

It's a sad situation. but it might not be a good idea to give away specific locations of good carp areas on the open forum.  I know bow fishermen have taken the time to monitor our site looking for leads for their "fishing" and am sure they still do.  For specific areas, sending a PM would be a better option.  

Around this area, there are a good (bad) number of bow fishermen on the water killing carp, and unless I'm talking to an angler, I keep my mouth shut.

15 hours ago, Ken said:

It's a sad situation. but it might not be a good idea to give away specific locations of good carp areas on the open forum.  I know bow fishermen have taken the time to monitor our site looking for leads for their "fishing" and am sure they still do.  For specific areas, sending a PM would be a better option.  

Around this area, there are a good (bad) number of bow fishermen on the water killing carp, and unless I'm talking to an angler, I keep my mouth shut.

Understandable I am an angler from Europe and would never shoot Carp it's just frustrating going fishing and not catching anything. Shoot me a DM if you know any good shore spots on Lake Washington.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2019 at 9:28 AM, Sorter said:

Just thought I'd post a few pictures of a few fish I've caught recently at Lake Washington. 

Prebaiting seems to be very important here. It's a fairly large lake. Mainly used boiled feed corn and millet about 5 gallons most days after work, and fishing on weekends. 

I'm also starting to consider moving away from the use of PVA except for maybe in the case of long range situations, and perhaps switching to pack, or method. It's a lot of down time filling bags. 

Unfortunately this is one of the few Lakes in the State where the use of two poles are not allowed, it's also one of the few lakes on West side of the state that chumming is allowed 🤪

Largest fish so far has been ~25lb 6oz (weighed without a tripod).  Look at the pectoral fins on this first guy. 

IMG_20190913_171430.jpgdrik.jpg

carp1.png20190913_165753.jpg

IMG_20190914_142715.jpgIMG_20190914_154842.jpgcarp4.jpg20190913_181333.jpg

20190913_181135.jpg

Lake Union allows 2 poles and chumming.  Is it too salty there for carp?

• 3 months later...

here’s a few lake Washington carp from summer ‘18. I was living on the lake at the time and as sorter stated pre baiting was super important, all caught on sweet corn or a friend of mines homemade pumpkin spice boilies. I’ve got more pics on Insta wa_carp_angler. All of these where caught in about 15-20 feet of water where a weed covered flat sloped off into rocky gravel bottom.

89AD2CB5-6515-47DE-A0B9-BE5D1359ADCE.jpeg

9F81341C-DA3B-4FE7-84B5-EA10805CDE6E.jpeg

3492E3E3-895F-410A-9607-58307885CC2B.jpeg