Carp Anglers Group Forums
Chad

2019 CCC RESULTS

2019 CCC RESULTS..... Greetings everyone, please join me in congratulating Wayne Boone as the 2019 North American CAG Carp Classic champion. The morning of the classic started out with the obvious evidence of massive rain from the previous 24 hours making the DesPlaines river a raging mess with weeds and debris all threw out. Despite the less than favorable weather and the current flowing at 18,000 cubic feet per second, we had 43 anglers from 8 states and 2 countries ready to not only battle each other but the DesPlaines river as well. We quickly preceded threw check in and peg draw to start the 2019 CCC on time at 8 a.m. The bite during the day was slow to say the least. The most noise that came out of everyones alarms was due to current and weeds. A lot of anglers used up to 12oz. of lead just to be able to hold bottom. With that bieng said there were a couple of carp captured by anglers in two different sections. The morning carp caught was in section "C" by Destinie Vaughn weighing in at 8lb-2oz. The late afternoon carp was captured by Wayne Boone in section "B" weighing in at 8lb-15oz. This would be the single fish that won everything. Waynes catch not only got him the Noth American CAG championship but, it was also good for Carp King as well as section winner. The other section prize winners were Fred Rhodes for section "A"....Destinie Vaughn for section "C"...and Aniq Sajjad for section "D". The team Challenge for the classic had 11 teams signed up however, no team entered landed a carp. The award banquet was held at the Rockdale A.C. a couple of hours after the classic ended. Upon entering the Rockdale AC , anglers were welcomed to a large selection of food to satisfy anyones appetite. The award ceremony took place right after dinner followed up by auctioning off a couple of big ticket prizes donated by Big Carp Tackle and CAG. After the quick auction we proceeded to start raffling off the two pool tables full of prizes. The amount of tickets sold for the raffle was nothing short of fantastic. We took well over an hour to give out nearly 200 prizes that was all donated by multiple companies as well as carp fishing clubs. As the drinks were flowing and the good times going the crowd began to thin out and at just after 10:30 the last of us had called it a night . I want to also acknowledge that Nash legends Steve and Joan Briggs from the U.K. were in the states on a fishing holiday and they had decided to attend the 2019 CCC on their last weekend here in the U.S. I, ( as well as many others) had the chance to spend a little time chatting with the Briggs and they are the sweetest most down to earth people you would ever want to meet. It was truly an honor to meet and share bank space with Steve and Joan. I would like to thank each and everyone that not only attended the classic but to all of those that supported me in hosting the 2019 CAG Carp Classic. The generosity of carp community is second to none. I am truly honored to be the host of such a prestigious Carp tournament and I am humbled that I had this opportunity. Thank you everyone, Chad Bettisch ... 2019 CCC host.

IMG_2553.JPG

IMG_2554.JPG

IMG_2561.JPG

IMG_2563.JPG

IMG_2562.JPG

IMG_2519.JPG

IMG_2476.JPG

IMG_2523.JPG

IMG_2524.JPG

IMG_2542.JPG

20190930_032718.jpg

20190930_042819.jpg

IMG_2534.JPG

IMG_2523.JPG

IMG_2506.JPG

IMG_2498.JPG

IMG_2521.JPG

IMG_2483.JPG

My hat is off to all you guys who hung in there and fished in that frustrating mess!  Like the saying says, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going."

And "a pound of lead just to hold bottom"?  That's like casting out your own ready made snag.

Good job!

<:///><

A huge thank you to Chad for running this years CCC and to all the anglers who battled through such trying conditions!

Congratulations to Wayne Boone and Destine Vaughn for catching the only two carp of the day.

Wayne's fish netted him North American Champion honors as well as Carp King!

Good to Steve and Joan Briggs taking part after their trip to Dale Hollow - hope to see you again next year?

Huge congrats to a most deserving Wayne Boone for catching a carp in nearly impossible conditions at Joliet and winning the major awards at the 2019 CCC. Congrats, also, to Destinie, Aniq, and Fred for your section wins!

Big thanks to Chad Bettisch and Crew for a well-organized, enjoyable event, to Larry Seeman for his generous donations of porta-potty services and the coin bottle that generated some additional funds for CAG, to Larry's sister for catering the event, to Jeff Conroy for his donation of art for the winning angler, to all who sponsored and graciously added to the raffle tables, and to the 40+ anglers who participated in CCC 2019.

Despite the tough conditions, it was a pleasure to be among those in attendance. --Frank Rink

Well said, Chad! I’ll send that to my friends/family who are ribbing me for blanking☺️

Great meeting everyone! Learned from Wayne to keep the line in until the very end instead of 3:15! Good to put a few faces with names. 

Thanks you Chad for putting this together. And, congrats to all who braved the trying conditions and fished this prestigeous tournament.

Proudly, I've been thinking recently that because this was the first time the Cup had ever been to the West Coast in it's esteemed 26 year traveling history, that a photo should be taken to signify the occasion.

I went for a run around Lake Hollywood with the family over the weekend and couldn't think of a better backdrop than this to take a photo of the 'North American Championship' cup to mark it's location in 2019/20   Thought this would be the idea place to post it.   Enjoy....

Hoping my schedule allows me to see you all later this year during the Indiana CCC

Best wishes to you and your carping crews for an awesome 2020 on the bank,

Wayne

CCC Cup - West Coast - IMG_0210.JPG

Lake Hollywood IMG_0211.JPG

1 hour ago, (TN) Cannonball said:

Run? Who was chasing you? Thanks for the photos. "And a good time was had by all."

My guilty conscience caused by the 10 lbs I put on my midriff over the Christmas holidays was chasing me lol...   It's proved a bit more stubborn to shift this year!

Glad you liked the photos bro...  Yeah it was a great time despite the weather conditions and really well run by Chad and crew.