Carp Anglers Group Forums

Hit the creek today, tryin to prep for the FFF, and had these two, a great golden 16-8 and a darker 10-0 and lost another. Very soft bites and slow fight but beautifully fat fish!!..........good fishin all!- go to the creeks- the fish are always there!!   MO

carp 16lb 8 oz December 8 2019.JPGCarp 10lbs dec 8 2019.JPG

Went to the mouth of a creek and the Meramec River for five hours, blanked. Put a gallon of boiled seed mixture soaked in RH chili hemp oil and spimbed a quart or two of fresh boiled maize, wasn’t lazy on the baiting campaign. Had a few taps on the oatmeal-creamed corn-pineapple method, but alas no fish to show for again😩

Had 3 kernels of pineapple maize on one hair rig and an orange tutti fruiti Tiger nut with pink pop op tutti fruiti maize. 

7C586302-5573-47A1-9250-6B1B6F604946.jpeg

2B42CFB0-963C-4E22-9F16-E184A5C046A7.jpeg

4BB12425-7A24-4655-9BB2-ED2EA4F0A7AC.jpeg

074FCF7C-F969-4DB2-93BA-941208768633.jpeg

Nice fish, MO! I swear it’s been 7 or 8 outings without a carp now. I must not be holding my mouth right as my grandma always said 🤣

In my experience in creeks, the bite is very slow, very subtle in the winter. I switch from my 3oz method leads heavily packed on 9ft rods to using very little pack bait (I use the 15-30g NGT method leads and only cover the ribs), ultralight rods (5-6' Pfleuger trions), 8lb line and fish the holes that are several feet (5-10') holes. I use a pod or bank sticks but no bite alarms-very seldom do I get runs or bites strong enough to trip the alarms. The fish are very slow and I think that though they eat, they mouth the bait more slowly simply due to the cold/slow metabolism. You have to constantly watch the line and pick up when there's a slow short pull................again, just my experience, but I'm pretty consistent. if the water's high or murky, I catch very few................good luck- patience and perseverance win out!- Its not like they crawl out of the water in winter-they are there!:jumpy:    MO

Sage advice, thanks! The spot I fished I was lucky to get out! I’ll break out my smaller rods/reels☺️

great job i need to catch a bite soon lol just fished this past weekend after not fishing for over 4 months,