Carp Anglers Group Forums

The "Atta-Boy" Thread

Ken

Congratulations to all the members who got out there on the first, and actually caught some fish.  There were some real beauties.  I enjoyed the pictures of the commons, koi, mirrors, and Amy's striking virtual ghost carp.

But all of us weren't as lucky, and here's a thread where we can check in and say we at least went out and tried our best.  Not to mention getting to record our first Blank of 2020.

I went to two spots and found them  completely iced in, in spite of several days of above freezing temperatures and rain.  The third spot was open and looked good from the road, so I parked and carried all my stuff down to the edge of the bank.  When I looked over the guard rail I saw I had a four foot strip of ice extending out from shore.  I had gone this far, and figured I could somehow get a fish in my net, so I went down and set up.  But I didn't have to worry about netting any fish.  After several hours of sitting on a pail, trying some different baits and distances, and emptying my thermos of coffee, I decided to call it a day, and go home and check in here to see who was actually able to catch a carp on New Years.  And even though I forgot my hot seat for the pail, it was a fun session, and I'm glad I went.