Carp Anglers Group Forums
Alabamafisherman

carp north alabama

I posted this a few years ago but I'm gonna post it again.  does anyone know good carp spots in North alabama or on the Tennessee river. I'm struggling to find a spot with some carp any advice will help. thanks

I would think (scary, isn't it?) that anywhere along the TN River would be possible to catch carp. I have driven from TN across AL on Hwy 72 and see places to fish. However, AL seems to be like TN with very few places to fish from the bank. I recall seeing some parks that might be open enough. Also, places I fish in TN are high and dry right now. Scout around and see what is available. Good luck and let us see some photos of your catches.

9 hours ago, (TN) Cannonball said:

I would think (scary, isn't it?) that anywhere along the TN River would be possible to catch carp. I have driven from TN across AL on Hwy 72 and see places to fish. However, AL seems to be like TN with very few places to fish from the bank. I recall seeing some parks that might be open enough. Also, places I fish in TN are high and dry right now. Scout around and see what is available. Good luck and let us see some photos of your catches.

Thanks for the advice!  I recently saw a spot on the river where people caught some carp I'm gonna go give it a try. also are carp still biting actively this time of yesr? it's been unseasonally warm in the 50s and 60s during day. 

As far as biting, water temps would be a big factor. Here's my advice- go fishing! Good luck!

On 1/30/2020 at 5:10 PM, Alabamafisherman said:

I posted this a few years ago but I'm gonna post it again.  does anyone know good carp spots in North alabama or on the Tennessee river. I'm struggling to find a spot with some carp any advice will help. thanks

Hi, I'd recommend scouting where that terrible fire was the other day. I have family in Fort Payne, directly west of there is where it happened. I was looking at it on the map to see how close it was to them and i noted that the river shape looked carpy. 

i AM ON LAKE MARTIN IN MIDDLE ALABAMA AND I CANNOT STOP THE COMMON CARP FROM SUCKING ALL THE FOOD OUT OF MY FISH FEEDERS i AM PUTTING ON MY PIER TO FEED MINNOWS TO ATTRACT THE LARGER BASS AND CRAPPIE!   i PUT OUT A 4 INCH PVC PIPE WITH HOLES AND i LOOKED OUT THE WINDOW AND WITHIN A FEW DAYS THERE 6 15-35 LB CARP SUCKING OUT THE DOG FOOD OR CATFISH FOOD I HAVE TRIED TO USE!  i AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO CARP PROOF MY FEEDERS NOW!

I don't see any way you are going to "carp proof" your feeders.  If the bass can get to them, so can the carp.

So, why not make the best of a good situation?  Fish for the carp!  It won't take you long to realize the carp are more challenging than the bass and just as much, if not more fun than the bass.  And if you have 35 pound carp frequenting the end of your dock, you have a good situation, keep it under your hat, and enjoy.

And welcome to CAG.  You'll have to keep us posted on your "carp problem", lol.

And thanks for the carp attracting tip.  I may try it;  I've tried about everything else.  Although around here I think I'm more apt to get a wad of snapping turtles and catfish.

Put a plastic pipe in the water with no holes or food. Algae will grow on the pipe. This attracts minnows and other critters. Then the predatory fish will come around. Farmers in KY used to toss a square bale of hay in their ponds to do the same thing. The same thing is done with junk cars and concrete in saltwater.