Carp Anglers Group Forums
Redwood

Identifying a yellow carp

I am trying to identify this yellow 13 inch carp. Having trouble posting a picture.Could it be because I am using the new iPhone promax 11 in the picture is way bigger than this site will handle.

Save it to your desktop, open it in microsoft office, compress the picture, save it, then upload...........eezy peezy!......  MO

20 hours ago, Redwood said:

I am trying to identify this yellow 13 inch carp. Having trouble posting a picture.Could it be because I am using the new iPhone promax 11 in the picture is way bigger than this site will handle.

I find that reducing the max dimension to 600 pixels will allow the photo to be accepted by the site.

Yes it had little bumps coming off the sides of its mouth if those are what is referred to as barbels

On 2/25/2020 at 5:08 PM, (MO) MOCarper said:

Save it to your desktop, open it in microsoft office, compress the picture, save it, then upload...........eezy peezy!......  MO

I think I was able to post a picture but I don’t see it here on this thread part. I finally found a spot on my phone where I could choose to make the picture less detailedI think I was able to post a picture but I don’t see it here on this thread part. I finally found a spot on my phone where I could choose to make the picture less detailed

Looks like the Humboldt/Sacramento sucker- not a carp.............  MO

Thanks for your reply Tyler and Moe I will look up a picture of the Humboldt Sacramento sucker fish to compare.

Thanks for that picture, mine had a bit of yellow but that fish looks very similar to the one I caught. I’m going to look up the name and do some more research on them.