Carp Anglers Group Forums

Nothing spectacular, and most were smallish, but still a lot of fun!.....the first 5 last Sunday and the last 2 yesterday...........trying some new sites tomorrow or Monday!.......  MO

PS- it's been suggested I use a flash for these, but.........no-one wants to see the same mug over and over.... :) 

IMG_5257.JPG

IMG_5260.JPG

IMG_5268.JPG

IMG_5274.JPG

IMG_5277.JPG

IMG_5342.JPG

IMG_5365.JPG

Way to go! What has been your go to bait?  It has finally opened up here in central Ma, we'll have a warm-up starting Monday, as soon as the kid is on the bus I'm going to my local pond.

My go to in creeks is light gear, no bite alarms-just watch the poles. I'm generally using 15-30gm ribbed method leads with a panko/sweetcorn/sweetcorn juice/birdseed/strawberry or lemon jello powder and always use local water to help pack. Throw at the head of the deep pools you can find, preferably below some riffles and fish the slack water. Biggest creeper was 21lb common and 17lb mirror and some large ghosts!!....Fish the creeks!- they're all there!..........winter is good for the creeks, then I move to the lakes in the warm weather.

MO

Ghost carp wornall Aug 19 2019 (2).JPGGhost carp wornall Aug 19 2019.JPG

Thanks for the tips. I have a canal in mind that I want to give a try. A pond near me is now wide open, last year just the southeast corner opened up first and I was on carp while the rest was frozen. This is one from last March, very healthy fish (10lbs) with red in the fins.

20190329_104503.jpg

Portions of the Mohawk have opened up in the last few days, but the river is high with those swims flooded.  Warm and rainy is predicted now, but it will be soon--very soon!

Nice fish MO. glad one of us is catching carp. I hope to get out this week. 

20 hours ago, Aaron Withers said:

Thanks for the tips. I have a canal in mind that I want to give a try. A pond near me is now wide open, last year just the southeast corner opened up first and I was on carp while the rest was frozen. This is one from last March, very healthy fish (10lbs) with red in the fins.

20190329_104503.jpg

Nice one!!

11 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Nice fish MO. glad one of us is catching carp. I hope to get out this week. 

First commandment of carp fishing- You can't catch carp if you do not fish

:)      MO