Carp Anglers Group Forums

Today was a nice one here:  Sunny, to 60 degrees, and calm.  I went down to the river and set up a little before 3 PM.  Nothing at all happened for over 2 hours, so before throwing in the towel again I tried something different.  I rebaited with just corn on the hook and a split shot  and cast out only 20 -  25 feet.  As far as I could throw a handful of corn.  In 10 minutes I had a couple nudges, then a take, and had one on.  In spite of the cold water the fish was giving a good account of itself, taking a bit of line.  When I started getting it back in, it broke the surface a couple times, waving its tail at me, and I said, "That's a nice fish".  When I got it in to the net I said, "Wow, that's a big fish!".  It started playing that maddening game where, every time I had it to the net it, it would take off again and strip 8 or 10 feet of line off the reel.  Over and over.  I was starting to get nervous.

I finally did net it and knew I had a dandy.  When I first lifted it up on the scales, the scale quickly bounced to over 30 lb, and I thought " this is unreal".  It was.  But then the scale did settle down on 29lb - 1 oz, so after 6 blanks this year, and this being the first and only carp so far this year, I am more than happy with it.  <:///><

Good job!!!....  Pics?..........................  MO

Corn works!!!..........................🙂

·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

, . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º( ><((((º> ><((((º>

·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

It was a common.  Egads, a mirror that size would still have me in a state of shock, mumbling, and drooling on myself.

Pictures you ask?  Yes, of course I took pictures.  Even took a couple selfies (I hope).  But the trouble is,  when I take pictures my camera still goes 'JJJJJJJJJJ' as the 35mm film winds.  If any of my fellow anglers here would really like a copy, send me your snail mail address, and I'll get a copy out, post haste.  As soon as I get the pictures back.  As soon as the picture developing place opens back up.  <:///><

Film? What is that? Congrats on a good day and an outstanding capture.

Congrats ken. You need to update your camera lol. Beauty day to be out. 

14 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Congrats ken. You need to update your camera lol. Beauty day to be out. 

Actually, my son did upgrade me a few years and gave me a digital camera.  On the plus side, I can see immediately if I like the picture I just took.  On the down side, all of a sudden I had 300 plus pictures in the camera that took a little longer than forever and a day to click through to find the one I was looking for.  Then quickly pass the camera to the waiting person to view the picture very fast, before the camera shut itself off in four seconds.  And,  I for one, find it annoying to look at other peoples pictures when the pictures are on their 'devices' being waved around in my face.  Or sent via email where they get buried or deleted.  I know you will now say I can have hard copies made.  True,  but that means waiting in line at the kiosk, fighting with the kiosk, then having to go back and pick up the copies anyway.  So, I stick with the antique film where I can put my pics in an album and sit in an easy chair and look at them when I want to without having to 'go on line'.   And I can give out copies to family and friends for refrigerator material.  Now you all know I'm an old dog, and  you know that old saying about old dogs and new tricks........................

Welcome to CAG John Castellese, and thanks for joining.  <:///><  

I'll join you in welcoming John Castellese!  Looking for photos of giant fish from y'all.

I have a digital camera and love it. Looking to upgrade to one with interchangeable lenses. I download the photos to my laptop and can view them on the screen. Have several hundred photos. Part of the fun is experimenting along with reading the manual and a book by a professional photographer/teacher. BTW,  I have a Canon T-70; was told it was worth absolutely nothing. Retired photographer said he had some film cameras that he couldn't give away.

Edited by (TN) Cannonball

"Retired photographer said he had some film cameras that he couldn't give away"

You could always give him my address.

15 hours ago, Ken said:

"Retired photographer said he had some film cameras that he couldn't give away"

You could always give him my address.

They are already gone.

There!  See? 

That indicates there are still some enlightened people out there that realize the usefulness of  those "old" cameras.