Carp Anglers Group Forums

North Alabama Carp Fishing Spots

BamaCarp

Hello,

I usually go to Tennessee River for catfish, bluegill fishing. They allow fishing until 11 PM. Lots of open bank space there. I have never seen anybody catching carp though. I looking for a particular spot where someone caught car fish. Thank you.

I think that you will find that very, very few people deliberately fish for carp. In the past, the only carp caught was by people fishing for something else, mainly catfish. If there are catfish and bluegill, you should find carp. We find this at my local venue all the time. Put out some bait, if legal, and fish. Start a trend and catch carp!

7 hours ago, (TN) Cannonball said:

I think that you will find that very, very few people deliberately fish for carp. In the past, the only carp caught was by people fishing for something else, mainly catfish. If there are catfish and bluegill, you should find carp. We find this at my local venue all the time. Put out some bait, if legal, and fish. Start a trend and catch carp!

Cannonball is right on a couple of counts here.   "People don't deliberately fish for carp" is right, that is, until they watch you land one.  Then they'll nonchalantly come on over and ask you what you're using for bait.  And say something like "Jeese, that is big and it really put up a fight"!  I think it's fun to set up close enough to other fishermen not to encroach on their space (especially if there are kids fishing) and hopefully catch a carp.  You can bet every eye will be on you by the time it's time to net the fish.  That's the way to start a trend.

I find most people will politely listen about carp fishing, but will never try it on their own.  They inherently "hate" carp from years of listening to sportsmen.  But let them watch you catch one and they are all ears on how they can do it themselves.  <:///><