Carp Anglers Group Forums

Places to carp fish in Michigan

Hi everyone i love carp fishing and i picked it up over in England when  i was living  there since then i have  come  back home to Usa where i belong in 2012 where im living in Michigan and im trying to find places to carp fish i have found a few  places  but  im still looking for more and other people in Michigan that love to carp fish im willing to drive so i would be very thankful if someone could help me out with some places to fish thanks very much 

Looked at Ye Olde atlas to pinpoint where you live. Fly fishing guru, Dave Whitlock, used to take a couple of weeks each summer and fish for carp in the Unknown Great Lake, Lake St. Clair. He would sight fish like one would fish for bonefish on the tropical flats. So... give the lake a try. Should be others in your area that fish for carp. BTW, welcome!

The Saginaw River holds nice carp. The Kalamazoo River is loaded with carp ( mostly small in my experience - but vast numbers) - but some hogs can be captured below the Allegan Dam....Lastly, Lake Kent in Kensington Metro Park near Detroit also holds some decent carp.

If you can gain access to Miner Lake, near Allegan - there are some giants in there. I believe there is a small public access point, but not too sure.

These are the only places that I have fished in Michigan. Hope this helps.

Good Luck.

21 minutes ago, David N said:

Yeah i went to kent lake and unfortunately i didn't catch anything but i did Catch 3 boats  so where would be the best spots  in Kensington park 

It's been a looong time, but In think the area was called "Turltlehead". One of the local CAG guys held a fish in there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Theres some nice fish in the rouge. Mostly smaller but I'v caught fish upwards of 15. I also spotted a small mirror recently swimming in the shallows of Quarton Lake along the rouge.  Generally, I catch em on a boilies made of egg, bread flour, and flax meal. This imitates the bread that people throw in for the ducks. I can usually get on a fish or two within a few hours.