Carp Anglers Group Forums

Did anybody get their lines wet on New Years Day?

I went down, but the wind was just too bad to even want to try.

I went for broke, trying a spot where really big fish have been caught and to another spot nearby, and... I royally blanked. But hey, it was a pleasant day and I was happy to be outside the house...

Naw- had to work all day and.............even the creeks were frozen and 4" of snow/ice overnight.....already behind for the year!!!! ughhhh!!!  MO

12 hours ago, (MO) MOCarper said:

Naw- had to work all day and.............even the creeks were frozen and 4" of snow/ice overnight.....already behind for the year!!!! ughhhh!!!  MO

Yeowww-snow and ice down there too?!  Must be global warming, lol.

But I'll betcha you'll have open water soon and will be back at it.  Good luck when you go.

<:///><

I didn't get out on the Jan. 1,  but did get out on Jan.2. Tried a new spot in RI where the ice just departed.  It was a place that I never fished in January.  Hit a banner day.  Landed 10 carp from 10 to 19 lbs.  Here's one of them in the net.....

20210102_154401.jpg

6 hours ago, (RI) pickerd said:

I didn't get out on the Jan. 1,  but did get out on Jan.2. Tried a new spot in RI where the ice just departed.  It was a place that I never fished in January.  Hit a banner day.  Landed 10 carp from 10 to 19 lbs.  Here's one of them in the net.....

That is some impressive fishing Dave!

Your Jan 2nd would be a great day here in June.