Carp Anglers Group Forums

2021 - It's a new year, let’s get this party started!!!

Haven’t been on here for a while, but I have been fishing. 2020 was a tough year, even though it was OK to get out, it seemed hard to make plans amongst all the stuff going on. Combine that with high water conditions, it seemed that nothing was going our way.

I did manage a 4 day session at our favourite spot.  We did well, landing 42 rather large specimens that topped out just north of 35 lbs.

We are booked again this year for the prespawn and with the 3 rod amendment to the regulations I think we have a crack at 100 fish over 4 days.

Here are a couple samples of the caliber of fish at our spot. The first picture is my PB from last year and I'm holding my buddy's PB on the second pic from the year before.

Good luck to everyone this season and have fun buying all the extra rods, reels, alarms, rod pods and swingers that come with our new regulations!!

Kevin

DC9AD39F-AB2E-4535-A3CB-C92A5EF9BB17.jpeg

FBF611E1-1526-4F8C-B161-52219D737FB5.jpeg

Edited by Streamtripper
Picture alignment reference

I'm excited for you all being able to use three rods.  Just remember, it's OK to fish less than the three rods when the bite is really hot!  You and your team having simultaneous triples can get complex.  May you and your buddies have a hot enough bite to experience this problem.

When CT was only 2 rods I would often have an extra rod set up ready and baited. There were many times when a group of big fish would move in and both rods would go off in quick succession. Getting a bait back in the water ASAP before they moved on was critical. Even though CT went to 3 rods I still often fished just 2 with the 3rd in reserve because it could be tough dealing with an extra line in the water! Good luck for the coming season.

I agree with you Iain.  I personally find fishing with three rods too much to deal with.  When the bite is on,  two rods is plenty. This is especially true when fishing with a friend or partner.  6 lines in the water in a fairly small area is just a recipe for trouble in my opinion.  Compounding the problem is river fishing..... Still waters are a little more forgiving.  (in my opinion).  Also, I personally have never really noticed my catch rate to significantly increase when I did try to fish 3 rods. The only thing that increased was my anxiety level....  lol.        Either way....   Good Luck to all.

Todd

WOW- that's some gooduns!!!- I need to vacation this year- maybe I'll hit ya up!! :) ...As opposed to others, I almost always fish 3 rods- Missouri allows any number of rods. I have had two triples in my short career and landed all 6- never forgot it!!!! :) -ya gotta try it!!!.....   MO

On 2/16/2021 at 8:47 PM, Streamtripper said:

Haven’t been on here for a while, but I have been fishing. 2020 was a tough year, even though it was OK to get out, it seemed hard to make plans amongst all the stuff going on. Combine that with high water conditions, it seemed that nothing was going our way.

I did manage a 4 day session at our favourite spot.  We did well, landing 42 rather large specimens that topped out just north of 35 lbs.

We are booked again this year for the prespawn and with the 3 rod amendment to the regulations I think we have a crack at 100 fish over 4 days.

Here are a couple samples of the caliber of fish at our spot. The first picture is my PB from last year and I'm holding my buddy's PB on the second pic from the year before.

Good luck to everyone this season and have fun buying all the extra rods, reels, alarms, rod pods and swingers that come with our new regulations!!

Kevin

DC9AD39F-AB2E-4535-A3CB-C92A5EF9BB17.jpeg

FBF611E1-1526-4F8C-B161-52219D737FB5.jpeg

Nice looking carp streamtripper.  I’m always down for an adventure. Maybe we’ll meet up this season.