Carp Anglers Group Forums

I haven't been carp  fishing in a few years but recently I rediscovered my long-lost love of fly-fishing. Yesterday I pushed myself and got out on the lake. No signs of trout anywhere but I did catch one yellow perch and was Happy.  Now I feel better and  I broke the ice and  next weekend I'll be going upstate  to fish the reservoir.  We have to remember if you love fishing you must make the time for it, just like anything else in life.  You have to push yourself or you're not going to get it done. 

Edited by robm1093
1 hour ago, robm1093 said:

We have to remember if you love fishing you must make the time for it, just like anything else in life.  You have to push yourself or you're not going to get it done. 

My problem is I have to make time for my life after fishing.

And there's nothing wrong with those perch:  I was fishing for them all winter.  I'm cooking the last of them for dinner tonight.

If you want a thrill, catch a carp on fly tackle. Planning on catching trout and carp this year.

"Life is more exciting when you have something to look forward to." Linus in a Charlie Brown cartoon.

DSCN0015.JPG

Posted (edited)
On 4/4/2021 at 10:05 AM, Ken said:

My problem is I have to make time for my life after fishing.

And there's nothing wrong with those perch:  I was fishing for them all winter.  I'm cooking the last of 

Yep nothing wrong with perch but I don't eat any fresh water fish from Long Island Lake's except stoked  trout, run off from the home and streets not good.

Edited by robm1093