Carp Anglers Group Forums

Royal Carp

Keith

My experience with Royal Baits, even though I dont fish with the baits as much as would be required, they have been as good as any. The baits are quality made, and do indeed catch fish if used the proper way. As far as your moneys worth for the baits themselves, you do get it.

Some of the other products they carry are a "bit" (as in alarms etc.) pricey IMHO, but others are just fine.

My experience with Alex was he told me exactly what he expected and was giving, BEFORE the ATC. During the ATC he promised something extra to me and even told me the timeline I was to receive it (2 weeks in from Europe, then its my responsibility to pay shipping from GA). I did not receive it and was told I lied about what he promised me, even though Jaap was there and remembers 100% what was said. It wasnt promised before the event, I was totally cool with NOT expecting said item as I wasnt ever promised I would reveive it, I had just expected to field test baits prior to the promise. But once I was promised by the owner of the company, without recourse or conditions, I suddenly (for some odd reason) expected said item.... I field tested their baits, landed carp to 33lbs on them, and held said results/pics til his end of the "deal" was met......

To the rest of the crew, if you have a problem with anything about Royal, my advice is to talk to Keith directly, Alex's wife, or Jaap, maybe then you will be told straight stuff. Alex has bad memory, and you should not hang by your thumbs waiting for what he promises.....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill,

You will find one sentence missing from the above post.  I removed it because (as I see it) it was a direct attack on another member which is not tolerated.  As for the rest, it is your opinion of a commercial company and this type of commentary has always been allowed to my knowledge.

Todd Perdue

I don't want to enter this discussion and this post has nothing to do with the anything Bill H posted. However I did want to comment on this line. This is exactly the sort of moderating that the forum has been lacking of late. Moderatores have taken a lot of stick lately, so I wanted to give some praise to a moderator that has got it right. A calm explanation of why something was removed! Good stuff... :D

RickyB

Ditto!!!!

Karl :D

If you haven't seen any of the euro leads first hand.......you should check them out. I got some recently from the certificates I won at the CAGI, and they are superb leads. Just a heads up for anyone that might be interested.

Guest Karp

Keith,

If your looking for new Royal Carp team members i know a few HARD CORE Ohio carpers that would kill for the chance...atleast guys that fish 3-4 days a week for carp!!

You know where to find me,

Scott

it's been kind of slow for me in Jersey, but the boilies are doing the job

i'm fishing with the mono from Royal since the begining of the season and i

really love it, awesome line and all the people that had that chance to

to use my throwing stick loved it too and it is a very strong one and good price on it too :D

while i was fishing with Alex he made it clear to

me that to be a tester/team member you had to

catch rakes of BIG carp to stay on the team.

asked what big was and he said nothing smaller

than 30lbs.he wants pics of big carps caught on Royal

baits dosent matter what species to him either(which is

pretty cool) he takes buffs,grassers,carp.even catfish.but must be BIG. iam curious to how many 30+ lbers have been captured buy the entire team this year so far?

Too many to count for Karl, Carol, Wendy and I :D:D:D:D:D

this is an interesting development. i guess when you deal with people, you are always going to be dealing with their personalities. i only have dealt with royals baits. i havent had any contact with the individuals spoke of, but i have tried several of the baits. as zach mentioned, we in philly have done well with corn micros; absolutely as well as other baits. i fish at least 4 or more days per week, but i also work 6-7. so my sessions are shorter than i wished. i guess i havent pulled any 30 lbers out on royal baits, but also because i am strapped for time i havent exactly dedicated myself to trek to the venues where they will be very often. i did catch one 25 in austin with corn micros but i only used them for a moment... here in philly, i have definately caught some of the biggest fish i have seen in selected venues using corn micros, and more recently i have been very satisfied with hempseed. if i was to give a true evaluation, my only criticism so far is the brittleness that can develop after soaking in certain flavors. i also think the pop up recipe needs some work.

whatever anyway. i just got a roll-a-ball today in the mail.

i have been fishing the peanut micros the last 2 months

and have been doing well with them.they have captured

my biggest fish this year.iam not too fond of the regular

boilies,at least in fruit flavor.the fish just wont take them

for me when i have tried them. <_<

Just to get some feedback from some other Royal bait users. I'm going to get a couple of bags of boilies from them. What do people think of the scopex boilies? What have you had most joy on?

RickyB

I have the scopex(ciniplex as refered to on this site) caught my first ever boilie fish on them and several others in a non boilie friendly water. I agree they dont take flavors well, but if you use really watery flavors it works great. Use the drainage from Pescavia or water down your glugs. I have had absolutly no luck with the red star boilies used in the same water and a few others. The color of the scopex boilies is Key in my mind as I am fishing brackish water and the yellow stands out.....Just my 2 cents....DOm

On another note 2 big dogs in the carp game in the USA(scottO a BillH) think the company Mngmt is not the best and these guys go out of their way for USA carpers in a non financial way. This may influence who I order from as Bill D from the boilie shop is one of the most helpful business people I have ever dealt with and has gone out of the way for me and I only placed a small order. Company ethics are as important as the product to me. again this 2 cents.....

Domm,

I landed a 27 this year on the Scopex, but who knows if it was the boilies or not. I'm not here to say one is better than the other. I had them, and I used them. Period.

The corn pellets work wonders ive used them with success and in regards to management and customer service, it is often very different from overseas companies and personnel. While they may feel they are doing the right thing by their standards, it is, way different than the way we do things over here. I deal with a french shoe company that thinks its bending over backwards for me and yet i feel they havent even started to bend , we are working it out and in the end it will all be good. While i personally havent had luck with the boilies i do like the pellets and the boilie stops and i also got a few helicopter rigs at the ATC as a prize and i like them too. Alex has been extremely generous with prizes and such at the CAG events and is in my eyes truly trying to do the right thing by us as a group. And it strikes me funny that someone who receives 18 lbs of bait for free(be it good or bad bait) thinks that the company is a rip off. What gets "promised" in personal one on ones i cant comment on and frankly speaking i think those type of problems should be handled one on one between the parties just as they were handled when the "promises" were made.

Just to get some feedback from some other Royal bait users. I'm going to get a couple of bags of boilies from them. What do people think of the scopex boilies? What have you had most joy on?

RickyB

Ricky -

I've done well on the Royal Baits Scopex (Cinnaplex) Boilies. Nearly all of the 3 dozen fish I caught at the ATC fell to these boilies :D

I've also caught well on Bill D's Robin Red Scopex.

And have done well on Paul P's Mainline Pineapple.

hmm, I'm getting hungry now.

Guest KrisKarp

Domm,

It appears that Royal Carp are making concerted efforts in promoting their baits especially through donations of bait etc at the various CAG events.

Kevin Nash (Nash Tackle) is one of the most maligned anglers/manufacturers in the UK. He has brought many innovations into carp fishing and the slagging off hasn’t stopped the opposition from pirating some of his products.

Although unethical, it is not uncommon for companies to slag off the opposition.

There’s a truism “People like to see you get ahead, but not ahead of them!”

When all the talking’s done the only thing that matters is does the bait catch fish? It appears it does very well! My suggestion of using peanut butter in a mix was scoffed at, yet in this thread Payara has had his biggest fish this year on peanut micros, go figure! Enough said.

BTW I suggested peanut butter not because Jimmy Carter is a friend nor because I have financial interest in Sunpat, I was trying to help.

Mark,

The topic as I understand it is about Royal Baits as a whole. From top to bottom, and any comments made should reflect that. I personally feel t

I caught the largest fish of my life, any species, fresh or salt, on a micro boilie from Royal. I also used micro corn and peanuts on the Merrimack in a pressured swim 2 weeks back and had commons up to 33lbs. Are the baits worth the money, I say yeah. Am I happy not to be a team member? Not really, but its only because of the reason I gave. The President of the company should and is always considered THE voice of the company, so when he goes back on promises he personally gave, it reflects badly to the ones given. Has Alex done a lot for CAG events the last year +?? Yes. BUT, he is ALL about self promotion, as a business person should be. Do you think hes doing these things for CAG because hes just a heckuvaguy? Maybe superficially, but the truth is (his words), he expects to be THE leader in bait sales here in the USA, growing market, and his giving actions are to succeed in this...

Am I bashing Royal? No. I have heard good enough things about the process of ordering and receiving, I just feel if you want straight answers and promises that are gonna be kept, deal with Keith, Jaap, or Alex's wife....

Kris, I hope he never get to that point here in the US....

scott i simply stated that what goes on in one on one conversations in business dealings should stay one on one. and not be in a forum setting. I totally agree with you that the president is the voice of the company and it would be silly not to think his generosity is not self serving ...of course it is..... i would do the same . However if you and i had made an agreement of some sort in private and for whatever reason that agreement went south(#2 happens) i would expect the results of that to be kept private also certainly not voiced in a public forum.

Having said that... I wasnt there and i didnt hear what was said or not said, so im outta this one :D:D

So effectively what we have here is a lot of people who are satisfied with the bait and have caught fish with it. Then there is Scott who did not recieve something that was promised him by Alex (I was not privvy to the information otherwise I would have tried to alleviate any issues). Finally we have Bill Hodge who as yet has still not had the common courtesy to contact me (nor Alex as far as I know) and let me know he has a problem but has posted derogatory comments in this forum about the company, Alex and myself. I will answer his allegations just once in public then I will say no more about this.

It sure is a funny thing about Royal Carp. After being chosen as a Royal Carp Team member it sure has been a JOKE. Does Keith own the company or Alexander? Or is it two peas in a pod. As a team member you were getting entries into all of the top tournaments, that did not happen. Then Keith Tompson stated bring plenty of room to Austin for bait and tackle, and that did not happen. I did receive 7 kilos of boiles and 2 kilos of pellets for the year to promote Royal Carp and I can tell every one DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. You can quote me as saying invest your money in bait in Mistrail or The Boilie Shop if you ant to catch trophy carp.After being associated with this company it is a total ripoff. Of course Brian and Phone caught carp in the ATC, but you have to remember the fish were there and canned corn would of caught them. In the 2003 ATC me and my partner caught 14 fish. the total weight was 252 lbs. and all we used was Partridge Corn dipped in Mainline tuttifruity flavor with a method feeder. There is a lot better on the market than Royal Carp . My choices would be Mistrail, The Boilie Shop. and do not forget Mainline from Wacker Baits. Bill Hodge IL Chairman and 2004 CCC Organizer
  • I do not own the company, I simply manage the field testers
  • When there are top tournaments your entries will be paid - Bill you backed out of the ATC for your own reasons
  • Since Bill did not come to the ATC he has no idea how much bait was given to those who were there - even Scott who disappeared when the bait was being passed got the same as the rest of the team.
  • If you have used all the bait and had actually done something for Royal Carp then you could have asked Alex for more - both Karl and I used most of our bait before the CAG, I requested that Alex send more (4kg each) for us to use during the CAGI and it was with me in 4 days
  • How did you actually waste your money Bill? You recieved free bait - please demonstrate exactly how that is a total rip off!!!
  • Since Carol had a 40lb+ carp, and four of us had multiple captures over 30lb, and we had several mid 30, two 40lb+ and two 50lb+ buffalo - I think the bait may be considered GOOD ENOUGH to catch trophy carp
  • Since your were not at this years ATC you have no comment to make about whether the fish would have been caught using corn - I can tell you on Day one Wendy and I fished everything we could for no bites, Day two in a better swim and we continued using different baits to try to catch enough to get in the top 10 - every carp we caught came on Royal Carp baits, not one bite on plastic corn or real corn and I fished it on two rods for at least 10 hours each

If you did not want to be associated with Royal Carp any long (for whatever reasons) then you simply had to call me and I would have accepted your resignation from the field testing team without any reservation.

Everyone else - do not let Bill's tirade fool you into believing that he bait does not catch carp.

Keith,

I hope Im not in the line of fire from you on saying the baits did not catch fish. I will say it again, they certainly do.....

No Scott you are not - in fact no one is