Carp Anglers Group Forums

Wacker Baits does its part for ecology

Was just on the wacker bait site and paul has a great new item listed

for all of us. And its free (with an order) 50 cents for additional ones.

Paul thats a great idea thanks for making it available

Just post them by your favorite fishing hole (and do the part of cleaning it up too) :D

post-34-1087393824_thumb.jpg

Guest Tommy Robinson

Indeed - Only problem is I would be picking them off the ground with all the garbage!!!! Some people just don't care - sad world. :D

I'm sure that Paul won't mind us making our own copies so long as he is getting the free advertisment. :D

Great idea, maybe someone can work on a Spanish version...... :D

I agree "the rough crowd" will rip these up and litter even more I mean they put a live fish in a pota potty to die some of these people around here shouldnt be fishing you'd be surprised what some of them do *Sigh* :D:D:D

• 3 weeks later...

I cleaned up an stretch of bank on the Chicago River and posted a sign about 3 weeks ago. I have been back a couple of times since then and the sign is doing its job. It has not been torn down and the bank is remarkably free of debris. No beer bottles, no styrofoam worm containers and only a couple of short pieces on old line.

The signs are a great idea! I think Gilbert Huxley was going to hang signs up at Salinda. Most people gathered bankside trash after the CAGI 2 weekends ago. We always try to make that a habit at Ohio Fish-Ins :D

I'm really into keeping the banks clean and think I might give the signs a try. Me and Phil have hauled enough garbage off of riverbanks to fill a small landfill. Hopefully the signs will keep it in check.

At Lake Orange in Virginia the guy who runs the concession there and the local law enforcement officials really like us, a big part of that is that we always leave the bank cleaner than when we arrived. Its amazing how much good will can be generated when you pick up a little trash.