Carp Anglers Group Forums
Sign in to follow this  
(DC) Mark Metzger

Scooby Doo Contest

Can everyone or anyone besides Jerome please post if they caught and what size carp they caught for the scooby contest .

I had scooby baited up and out for 11 hours had one take early on and it was a sunfish on a kernal of corn. A little later on i had what i think was a carp , coulda been a catfish but i was cut off before i could see what it was. Then shortly after the closing bell as we were all together tallying up the fish caught my scooby rod screamed off a run and i caught a carp of about 3 1/2 pounds the awesome fight was taped and ill try and see if we can get a copy for evryone to see.

It was alot of fun and we will do it again next year. I will post pictures as soon as film is back from developing .

I know that at least one buffalo was caught on a scooby doo rod in Texas. But this doesn't count...

I didn't get any report of a carp caught on a Scoobyd Doo rod, except mine. So I'm pretty sure I won, YEAH! But let's wait a few more days to be sure.

I mean, a reliable report, not a futile claim from Scott not acknowledging that I can be a better angler than he is (say a couple of minutes per year?). :D

Now, Mark, what will be the prize? Or should I ask for the prizeSSS? :D

PS. Mark, if you agree, I will definitely include this scooby rod idea in the main rules of the CAGI for next year. This was a truly brilliant idea, we just need to advertise it a bit more to have more participants next time.

Well jerome i certainly want it to be a part of next years CAGI as it was a fun part of the event ihope next year we can get more participants . this year was sort of last minute addition. now with a year to practice and perfect scooby style we should get more participants. Now assuming you won which i think you did, but we will wait a few more days ,you want to know what the prize is? Well it is from my store and if you win i know you will like it and will wear it proudly, probably to a fault, but im not gonna tell ya what it is :D

its a surprise :D

Scott , of course i believe you. And after seeing the picture of the new svelt you and those cutoffs i think you are in need of something from my store more than jerome :D:D

Guest Paul Swider

Yes, I was the one that caught the buffalo on a Tazmanian Devil rod. The buffalo was 10lb 1oz.

Mark,

I have purchased a Scooby rod to try for some Atlanta carp. It is loaded with 6lb line at the moment. Is that the SCIGFA standard? :D

Well jerome   i certainly want it to be a part of next years CAGI  as  it was a fun part of the event  ihope next year we can get more participants . this year was sort of last minute  addition.  now with a year to practice  and perfect  scooby style  we should get more participants.    Now   assuming you won  which i think you did,  but we will wait a few more days ,you want to know what the prize is?  Well it is from my store  and if you win  i know you will like it  and will wear it proudly, probably to a fault,   but im not gonna tell ya what it is  :D

its a surprise :D

Mark, so when is the deadline for declaring the winner for the scoody doo contest? I have a vested interest here... :D

I didn't hear from any CAGI regional organizer any other result than the ones we know of.

By the way, I should publish the final CAGI results (except the wacky/goofy picture) this week-end. Just waiting for some lost then recovered scorecards to be 100% sure. Bets are open about the national winners... :D

Gordon your good to go . :D I guess after seeing the epic battle of man and scooby versus Carp you had to get one . I guess your practicing up for next year. :D Have fun!!

Jerome unless i hear otherwise I guess you are the winner of the scooby prize and all the accolades that go with that honor . Did anyone else catch a carp on it that came close to yours ?

Jerome - congrats on your scoobadelic victory, although an organizer winner the prize seems alot like Saddam hussein holding elections in Iraq with 100% voter turnout and victory. :D:D

I'm just kidding...way to go, how big was the carp that fell for the scooby snacks?

Best, Matt

Matt, thanks a lot for the comparison... :D Except that the only aspect of the CAGI that I was NOT coordinating was... the Scoody Doo story, where Mark was fully in charge. So maybe should we say that Mark is Saddam and I am Jacques Chirac in this story... OUCH! THIS HURTS! :D

Mark, as far as I know, nobody else caught a carp a on scooby doo rod during the event. Yours was caught after the event, and Paul Swider 11lb catch was a buffalo. I'm glad little carphuna (Scott's son) didn't compete though... Or my 8lb record catch might have been threatened... :D

ahhh jerome then the spoils of "war" are all yours PM your address to me for your most fantastic prize :D:D

Whaoaaaaa!!! :D:D:D:D

In defesne of Paul, who I was sitting next to when that Buffalo hit,,,I think ( not 100% sure) tht the rules said the largest "FISH" on a scooby doo rod???? if that be the case,,,then Paul beat you Jerome, clearly by several pounds,,,,Zach has the picture.....

But whatever !!!! it was fun!!

WE do it again next year ...right??? and next year the guys from TEXAS bring our fearless canine leader!!!

post-2-1089405271_thumb.jpg

Jerome - I was just busting your yam bag. I know your an honest guy...

Sometime in the future I plan to revolutionize scooby doo carp fishing...and scooby snacks will be served...

Matt

Hmmm scuba you are right it does say the "biggest fish" now we can take that many ways but i can tell you in my heart of hearts (and i am not playing favorites) the "fish" was meant to be a carp . Not a buffalo . That being said i will give paul an equally nice prize from the prize closet and call it a draw. This is and was meant to be a fun contest and i want to keep it that way so next year i will reread my instructions better :D:D Sorry for any confusion and a big SCOOOOOOOBY DOOOOOOOOO to all the participants you are all winners in my eyes .

Mark

Paul pm your address to me

Never mind catching a carp on Scooby Doo rod, I could not even catch on with regular gear. Wish I had had a Scooby rod just because I may have caught one that way. :D:D

Guest kidcarp

Mark,

this is SCUBADOC. on Kidcarps computer.....I was only joshing but being a Doctor, I have to read the printed word carefully....even more carefully than Lawyers, because they are the guys that SUE us !!! :D:D

Having said all of that, it was a great contest and certainly worthy of a first and second prize...if Jerome had as much fun with his 8 pounder as Paul had with his 10....I'm ditching all my EURO stuff, and heading to Walmart...in Texas we can have 100 hooks in the water at any one time,,,can you imagine?????? 100 Scooby doo Rods on itsy bitsy bank sticks..hey Paul ( the Paul from Wacker Baits) do you thin FOX will buy into that????and manufacture a few for us??? :D

Yes, I had a ton of fun catching this 8lb carp. Wasn't exactly easy to deal with a quite energetic fish, a very thin line, and a spool with a very limited capacity... You can find the details of the story by clicking here. As you can read, I was quite excited about it! :D

Yes, we do it again next year. And this time, as an integral part of the CAGI rules.

Whaoaaaaa!!! :D  :D  :D  :D

In defesne of Paul, who I was sitting next to when that Buffalo hit,,,I think ( not 100% sure) tht the rules said the largest "FISH" on a scooby doo rod???? if that be the case,,,then Paul beat you Jerome, clearly by several pounds,,,,Zach has the picture.....

Hmmm.... I'm not sure about that... the Scoody Doo rules said:

The rules are the same, only one hook,no trebles, only two rods in the water.

due to the higher risk of losing tackle utmost care must be used in making safe rigs for the carp.

So I would argue that the word "carp" was explicitely mentioned, even if the word "fish" was used in the rest of the text... <_< And on this forum, "carp" undoubtedly means cyprinus carpio... <_<

I would also argue that the reference to the CAGI rules was clear, where it is explicitely specified that:

Only Cyprinus Carpio counts (common, mirror, leather, koi). Catching buffalo carp, crucian carp, old tires, dirty shoes, birds, dogs or other anglers does NOT count.

District Attorney Jerome. :D

Guest kidcarp

Jerome ESQ.

To interpret to the "LETTER OF THE LAW" when in fact the LAW is vague is erroneous!

On behalf of my client PAUL S., I would ask the courts in the Land of CAGI to declare this a TIE, my client and I will accept that ruling from His Honor GEFILTE FISH, and we on behalf of the residents of this great carpdom would also request that the rules are cast in stone, etched forever in CONCRETE, that from this day on , and that NEXT year ONLY CARP, as you has so identified will be considered!!!!!

I fall upon the mercy of the courts

Thescubadoc..(AKA Pauls defense attorney) :D

My client is represented by me. Jerome caught an 8lb common carp (cyprinus carpio), which in accordance to the Official CAGI rules is the only species of fish that counts in the CAGI, and thusly is the ONLY cyprinus carpio entered via a "Scooby Doo" rod, during the timeframe set forth by the organizers of the CAGI.

We would like to thusly congratulate said Paul Swider on his 10+lb Buffalo (ictiobus babulus), but allowing such a species of fish, a non cypridea genus, to be entered in a contest which allows only fish of the cypridea genus to be eligible, is both immoral and unfair.

Jerome wins!

i'm loving this thread, keep going :D:D:D:D

Guest Eliott Ness
Jerome ESQ.

To interpret to the "LETTER OF THE LAW" when in fact the LAW is vague is erroneous!

On behalf of my client PAUL S., I would ask the courts in the Land of CAGI to declare this a  TIE, my client and I will accept that ruling from His Honor GEFILTE FISH, and we on behalf of the residents of this great carpdom would also request that the rules are cast in stone, etched forever in CONCRETE, that from this day on , and that NEXT year ONLY CARP, as you has so identified will be considered!!!!!

I fall upon the mercy of the courts

Thescubadoc..(AKA Pauls defense attorney) :D

Hi, my name is Eliott Ness.

I believe most people know me as well as the importance I attach to THE LAW and my personal integrity. I have been requested to assess in a totally impartial way the issue of Jerome Moisand vs Paul Swider, in the context of the CAGI 2004 Scoody Doo contest. After carefully studying the issue, we would like to render our conclusions.

Dear Scubadoc ESQ. (aka Neil aka Kidcarp)

We are sorry to state that your argumentation doesn't hold any water...

1. any student of the law knows that when the law is vague, then what's left except the letter of the law?

2. in this precise case, the law edicted by Mr Metzger isn't vague, we notably don't see any ambiguity in the two sentences quoted by Mr Jerome Moisand, extracted from the Scoody Doo rules

3. if one would to accept your interpretation of the word "fish" as being more than "carp", then how can you request a tie whereas your client caught a bigger "fish" (11lb vs 8lb)? Your request actually proves that you don't believe yourself in the validity of your argument. Nor would anybody else...

In order for you to build a bit more expertise, you are hereby condemned to read every word of the very famous book, "The Spirit of the Law", by Charles-Louis de Secondat, Baron de Montesquieu.

Luckily enough for you, we found an online version of it, with a proper translation from French to English... Here it is. Click here. We expect to read a 15,000 word essay from you on this fascinating topic in the Q3'04 NACA. Deadline is August 20th.

As to your request to cast in stone the fact that the CAGI is a carp-only event, well, this is already the case, as clearly explained in the CAGI participants guide, already quoted by Mr Moisand.

We would advise to your client Paul S. to choose a better esquire.

Yours truly,

Eliott Ness

Guest big Raymie

Ness you still about, i thought the carps head in your bed was enough of a warning.

:D

Guest kidcarp

10,000 pardons for my absense...I just returned from California where I was consulting with my associate Melvin Belli...

Both Carp and Buffalo while NOT in the same family are both ROUGH fish, and are fish none the less !!!

The rules may IMPLY "CYPRINUS CARPIO" the Buffalo however is a fish (ICTIOBUS BUBALUS) and the rules do state A FISH

I have also consulted with the Honorable Judge Judy and her advice was, and I quote... "WHAT ARE YOU A BUNCH ADOLESCENT MORONS??? A FISH IS A FISH!!!!!"....

so there fore based on her interrpretation, I think the venue for trial ought to be her court :D

As previously stated, ( although I have not been retained by Paul, and my services are Pro Bono) I think at the very least because the rules were in fact VAGUE a 2nd place award at the least ought to awarded!! :D

By the way Elliott, Al ( Capone)sends his regards !!! :D

Sign in to follow this