Carp Anglers Group Forums

Pips available!

Paul Pezalla

It has been a long wait (the boat left South Africa in early June) but I have finally received a shipment of South African baits. Have the pips (whole corn kernels, in glass jar - keep forever) in 7 flavors (almond, bunspice, pineapple, reel run, vaaldam, tutti frutti, strawberry), mutis (dips) in 7 flavors (almond, bunspice, pineapple, raspberry, vaaldam, tutti frutti, strawberry) and mielie bom (method mix in four flavors (plain, vaaldam, strawberry, banana).

It has been a long wait (the boat left South Africa in early June) but I have finally received a shipment of South African baits. Have the pips (whole corn kernels, in glass jar - keep forever) in 7 flavors (almond, bunspice, pineapple, reel run, vaaldam, tutti frutti, strawberry), mutis (dips) in 7 flavors (almond, bunspice, pineapple, raspberry, vaaldam, tutti frutti, strawberry) and mielie bom (method mix in four flavors (plain, vaaldam, strawberry, banana).

somebody pinch me.... :D

Paul, you will be hearing from me shortly...

-Mike/CT

ct,

So I take it you like this stuff? What can you recommend?

Kyle,

These are some strong smelling, long shelf life sweetcorn kernals. I just used up the last of my supply that I've had for a couple years. You can leave them in the water for hours, & put them back in the jar.

I have had great luck in cold water situations with the tutti frutti & vaaldam & pineapple flavors.

-Mike/CT

Guest mnfisherman
These are some strong smelling, long shelf life sweetcorn kernals. I just used up the last of my supply that I've had for a couple years. You can leave them in the water for hours, & put them back in the jar.
How about the flavors? Do you have to add preservative to them or will they keep for several years on their own?

How about the flavors and meilie bom?

I have had great luck in cold water situations with the tutti frutti & vaaldam & pineapple flavors.

How about flavors for warm water? Can you describe the vaaldam flavor?

How about the flavors? Do you have to add preservative to them or will they keep for several years on their own?

How about the flavors and meilie bom?

How about flavors for warm water? Can you describe the vaaldam flavor?

Not sure if the liquid they are in is alcohol based, but as long as you keep the liquid level covering the kernals they will keep for a very long time.

Vaaldam has a sweet "candy like" smell. Bottles also contain a pretty potent red dye (notice the fingers...). Kernals are not overly big like Pescaviva, more like sweetcorn but a little firmer.

-Mike/CT

post-34-1094957465_thumb.jpg

Guest mnfisherman
Yes, it's very good, one of my old fishing buddies Andy was really into that flavor.

What is the flavor like? (fishy, fruity, etc?)

How do you fish the pips? Directly on the hook or hair rigged like maize and how many kernals? It reccomends one kernal fished as a sort of pickup with melie bom.

How do you like the Super Cast dips?

kyle its very similiar to vanilla extract with somethin (not sure what ) added. I do know that in the winter and it is very cold out the something other seperates out and is whitish in color . I have caught with maize dipped in it. According to my sources you fish the pips on the hair ill let you know how it goes this weekend unless i get rained out .

Has anyone tried the Reel Run flavor?

Yes, it's very good, one of my old fishing buddies Andy was really into that flavor.

Just got my Pips order today (thanks for the quick service Paul!).

I did get a bottle of the "reel run" with it. I can't put my finger on it, but when I smell it I think of pipe tobacco?? Any opinions on this?? Definitely a unique smell. The Troy fish this weekend will be all over this stuff...

-Mike/CT

Guest mnfisherman

How long will the pips last after I open the jar? Do they have preservative in them?

Does the quality go down with age (meaning stiffness of kernals, fading color, etc)?

What is the liquid they are in?

How long will the pips last after I open the jar? Do they have preservative in them?

Does the quality go down with age (meaning stiffness of kernals, fading color, etc)?

What is the liquid they are in?

Kyle,

I just finished a bottle I had over 2 years....

-Mike/CT

• 2 weeks later...
So a jar of pips lasted two years after being opened?

Yea Kyle,

There's something in it that keeps them a long time.

-Mike/CT