Carp Anglers Group Forums

ACS National in OK - Oct 27th-30th

Keith

Anyone here going to this event?

Nobody going from here at all?

Guest Cactus Carp

:D First of anything I've heard of it, but doubt it now at this time. Would like to try for some future events. I assume all the events are at the ACS site?

Dean :D

• 2 weeks later...

Lake Hominy - North of Tulsa

Guest phonebush

Carpal,

It is about 400 - 500 (?) acre lake that is a community of 200 hayseed's water supply. It is as tough a venue as exists in the US that is known to contain a healthy stock of fish. I believe the lake is quite deep although I have never heard or don't remember the depth. The fish from this lake are awsome for conformation and color!

This lake is situated in a beautiful part of Oklahoma, especially in the fall. There are plenty of trees, nice, well kept bank space, chert bottom (Websters - a rock resembling flint and consisting essentially of a large amount of fibrous chalcedony with smaller amounts of cryptocrystalline quartz and amorphous silica). The food chain is bountiful with snails, mussels, worms, crays, detritus with a good variation of microorganisms. It SHOULD contain a nice stock of buffalo although one has NEVER been reported coming out. I lost a steak dinner to David Moore on this subject, really chaffs me as I pride myself on my watercraft.

The weather should still be tolorable with daytime temps in the high sixtys and night time upper 50's to low 60's. Very low likelyhood of rain this time of year.

Guest The Kernel
chert bottom (Websters - a rock resembling flint and consisting essentially of a large amount of fibrous chalcedony with smaller amounts of cryptocrystalline quartz and amorphous silica).

Exactly what I was thinking, uncanny.......

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Carp_athian

Keith

I will be in OK. Unfortunately, my partner can not do it :angry! David Moore told me there are there peuple in the same situation. My son called me today and told me some friend of his so a thred on this forum, someone looking for partner for Hominy cup. I can't find it. If anyone finds it, please let me know.

Phonebush!

Awsom information! Thanks a lot!

Keith

I will be in OK. Unfortunately, my partner can not do it :angry! David Moore told me there are there people in the same situation. My son called me today and told me some friend of his so a thred on this forum, someone looking for partner for Hominy cup. I can't find it. If anyone finds it, please let me know.

Phonebush!

Awsom information!  Thanks a lot!

it was me looking for the partner but i already found one...but i was also told that there will be a couple people there that will need a partner...so i hope you find and to all that is going Good Luck to everyone.....so i wll see everyone there...i will be driving down on sunday and will be there sunday night i hope....

• 2 weeks later...

Update of the tourny is as follows as of 6pm Thursday 28th

1st place= Brian Capian & Mark Reese. 2 x fish = 26lbs

2nd place= Paul Prezalla & Al 1 x fish = 20lber

3rd place= Noddy Berg & Lonestar 1x fish 14lber

everybody else is blanking, or Skunking :D:D as I like to call it!!!

:D:D:D:D

CarpSkunker :D