Carp Anglers Group Forums

Royal Carp Update

Keith

Hi All

Just a quick update to let you all know that the rods, pods, reels and new bite alarms are available from Royal Carp. More will be added in the future but it looks like right now one could get a pair of rods, reels, pod and bite alarms for under $300 - check it out at The Royal Carp Web Page

Hi All

Just a quick update to let you all know that the rods, pods, reels and new bite alarms are available from Royal Carp. More will be added in the future but it looks like right now one could get a pair of rods, reels, pod and bite alarms for under $300 - check it out at The Royal Carp Web Page

Keith:

The Royal site looks to be offering a bunch of really low priced goods.

Each of the items (rod, reel, alarm, pod are $40-$50 range)...

Not yet any quality items that the connoisseurs of fine carp tackle would

be interested in.

Fran

No pleasing some people is there :D

hahaha i saw the pod at the ccc, and thought that there is definately a niche for a light, fast assembly aluminum pod.

Guest Sodbury Steve

'Not yet any quality items that the connoisseurs of fine carp tackle would

be interested in. '

Well poo to that -that stainless bite alarm looks gooood icon_super.gif

When my Microns give out I'll let you know awink.gif

Hi All

Keith:

be interested in.

Fran

Seems to me I remember one of the biggest things we were supposed to be all about was getting more people into our sport. I may be wrong!!

You ain't gunna' do that if you have to lump up upwards of a grand to get you going with 'tarty' gear.

There is a definate opening in the market for the lower end of the price range. Seems as though we already have a few places to get the 'tarty' gear from already.

I think (well I would, wouldn't I?) Alex is definately on the right road aiming to bring a lower priced selection of gear to the States, as well as the Top Quality bait he has brought as well!! :D

I can recommend the rods to anybody out there, Carol has a pair and they are as good at playing fish as the Fox ones I use. They have quite a bit of back bone to them too, I had an 18lb'er on them a couple of weeks ago that was determined to get to a newly submerged fallen tree, I locked down on the reel and heaved, the rod doubled over and I was able to muscle that baby out of there!! :D

Check the reels out too, well priced I do believe!! :D

Karl :D

Hi All

Keith:

be interested in.

Fran

Seems to me I remember one of the biggest things we were supposed to be all about was getting more people into our sport. I may be wrong!!

You ain't gunna' do that if you have to lump up upwards of a grand to get you going with 'tarty' gear.

There is a definate opening in the market for the lower end of the price range. Seems as though we already have a few places to get the 'tarty' gear from already.

I think (well I would, wouldn't I?) Alex is definately on the right road aiming to bring a lower priced selection of gear to the States, as well as the Top Quality bait he has brought as well!! :D

I can recommend the rods to anybody out there, Carol has a pair and they are as good at playing fish as the Fox ones I use. They have quite a bit of back bone to them too, I had an 18lb'er on them a couple of weeks ago that was determined to get to a newly submerged fallen tree, I locked down on the reel and heaved, the rod doubled over and I was able to muscle that baby out of there!! :D

Check the reels out too, well priced I do believe!! :D

Karl :D

I can recommend the rods to anybody out there, Carol has a pair and they are as good at playing fish as the Fox ones I use. They have quite a bit of back bone to them too, I had an 18lb'er on them a couple of weeks ago that was determined to get to a newly submerged fallen tree, I locked down on the reel and heaved, the rod doubled over and I was able to muscle that baby out of there!!

:D:D:D:D:D

Drinking coffee this moring Karl ?

Guys -

There are needs at all segments of the market. I recall earlier posts bemoaning the fact that some prices were high. Now posts bemoaning less expensive gear. With all of the recent and not so recent carp gear retailers coming to the market, I am certain the various business concerns are looking for their market niche and strategies. If you are not in the market for a particular price point of tackle that's fine. No need to decry offers aimed at people who are looking.

The one I am selling you is stainless steel, the Royal ones are aluminium

Keep in mind.........

The carp scene is a new market in the US. People are curious how to catch these critters, and they are curious on the European style of fishing. Give the people the opportunity to purchase equipment that will hold up, but is very reasonably priced, and they will purchase it. Once they are hooked.....they will always start spending the $$$ for higher end gear or what have you. If you start tellign them they need to spend $5000 to start Carpin' the Euro way, they will be turned off from the beginning.

Besides.....when you were 8 yrs old......did you start off bass fishing with $500 reels, $300 rods, $35,000 bass boat, $10,000 in lures, etc? No......you started off with a zebco 202 and tackle for under $20. Alex is thinking the right way.........'offer the American people a good product at a low price, and they will purchase. Upper end sales will come later.

Guest Tommy Robinson

Totally agree with Shawn here. I haven't been into the "Euro" stuff for that long - a year actually. I was totally blown away with it the first time I layed my eyes on it. I had to get some of these toys. I ordered a fox pod from Paul and is still the one I use. I wasn't all that impressed by it for the price I paid( I'm sure Paul's margins are in check ) but was a great start. I have a new found buddy who is slowly getting into it the same way. I recommended either the fox frontier or the new aluminum pod from Royal. He opted to buy one from another member and had to buy the buzz bars and alarms. He is extremely tight on cash - Like some of us including myself - and is anxiously waiting to recieve them from Royal. I think it's a great thing that both Royal and Wacker have some lower end equipment and if taken care of properly - it's all you need. I am saving for the globetrotter myself. It's the cadillac of pods and as much fishing as I do = I "need" one :D . Bring all the stuff to the tables - even a junk store has a valuable item or two for someone.