Carp Anglers Group Forums

towne lake

koi

Scott,

I didn't read anywhere that they had to pay to fish the lake. It looks like Angling Lines is selling a carp fishing holiday at Towne Lake but their customers don't actually pay to fish the lake: Accommodation is at the fantastic Wellesley Inn & Suites which overlook some of the most prolific swims on the lake. Upon your arrival you will be met by an ACS representative who will provide you with licenses, up to date information on the areas fishing best and how to approach them, ensure you settle in and be available during the duration of your stay to help wherever they can.

Guest Carp Fever

This can only do our sport good. The more revenue that the City of Austin receives the sooner it will abolish those silly little men with their bows and arrows. With your threat not to fish Town again the place looks better already

John

I agree with you on your point Zach, IF it was a big intimidating water like Larry, or many of the big French/Romanian waters. But Town is a nice cozy water, located dead int he center of Austin, with great shore access, and fairly easy fishing. It just doesnt seem worth $400 per person for what amounts to a little more than some advice.....

Also, who are these "ACS" members that will constantly be on hand for travelers?

I guess I didnt really notice that, I thought with the "Not included" list, that wasnt part of it. But, I guess 6 nights at $40/night only leaves some $175 for some advice...:D

I guess theres nothing to do. Just seems like any good water that becomes well known has the potential of being "pimped out" by commercial interests...sad.

its not any diffrant then someone guiding on lake fork or castaic for bass......

if i was gonna fly 1/2 accross the earth to fish I would want some help.....and be willing to pay for it

Zach

There are people on here who wish you would fly halfway round the world......... :D:D ........and would gladly pay for a one way ticket....................... :D:D:D:D :

Are you saying you need help to fish...........I don't believe that for one moment........................ :D:D:D

BOROFC :D

This can only do our sport good. The more revenue that the City of Austin receives the sooner it will abolish those silly little men with their bows and arrows. With your threat not to fish Town again the place looks better already

John

John

Of course it's good for the fish aswell............they love to be hauled out more than they already are.

You can't beat a good commercial fishery.............ask Karl........he also fished Woodlands..........famous for fish with no lips.......... :D

But there again if it lines the pockets with $$$$$$$$ then it must be a good for FISHING!!!!!!!!

its not any diffrant then someone guiding on lake fork or castaic for bass......

if i was gonna fly 1/2 accross the earth to fish I would want some help.....and be willing to pay for it

Zach

There are people on here who wish you would fly halfway round the world......... :D:D ........and would gladly pay for a one way ticket....................... :D:D:D:D :

Are you saying you need help to fish...........I don't believe that for one moment........................ :D:D:D

like who? I thought I was well like by every one..... :D come on its just carp fishing...still 80 quid aint bad to have some one pic you up at the air port take you to the hotel and show you around the water and some of the spots that produce..and be there the whole week to help you anyway they can...I mean after all if it wasnt for Dave and Brian none of us would have the pleasure of fishing town lake they could have kept it to themselfs instead they shared what they had found with every one, I for one am greatful for that...so to have a person that is associated with one of the pioneers of town lake one of wich has had the 2nd biggest fish to come from there and the largest of all last year in our humble club, take you show you around the water I mean that has to be worth something?? :D