Carp Anglers Group Forums

Mainline Boilies

Paul Pezalla

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buster knows whos got game. :D:D:D

The flaverators :D that I'd put my money on (If I still had any) :D are headin to Austin, and you'd be way surprised to learn who among you has "The Edge". :D:D:D

I'm proud to say that some of the Euro bunch ain't above resorting to paylake supplied flavs when the $$$ is on the line. :D:D:D

Only thing is---just what the He11 is a paylake "supplied' flavor? :D

SIC 'em boys--- :D:D:D:D

I would almost bet the best paylaker could bring his entire arsenal to Town Lake and he would still get skunked. Wild carping is a whole nuther ballgame and dats just the way it is. Paylake flavors won't make much of a difference either. Boilies will be the key to this particular event and theres no way of getting around it. And this is coming from a former paylaker that could smoke anybody on an Indiana paylake. :D My advice to any paylaker planning on attending the ATC is bring some Royal Carp Scopex, Some Mainline and Boilie Shop baits so you don't go home heartbroken. Save the packbait for the paylakes and the reservoirs back home. :D

I would almost bet the best paylaker could bring his entire arsenal to Town Lake and he would still get skunked. Wild carping is a whole nuther ballgame and dats just the way it is. Paylake flavors won't make much of a difference either. Boilies will be the key to this particular event and theres no way of getting around it. And this is coming from a former paylaker that could smoke anybody on an Indiana paylake. :D My advice to any paylaker planning on attending the ATC is bring some Royal Carp Scopex, Some Mainline and Boilie Shop baits so you don't go home heartbroken. Save the packbait for the paylakes and the reservoirs back home. :D

I disagree. Ive only fished with one paylaker (John this weekend) and was impressed. I believe the paylakers will do just fine...

i agree with scott. i might be ready to put a lot more bait in the water than just your pack, and i'd go with a "real " pickup like a puff over a bead... but i think pay guys will do just fine.

Yes...there will be any RoyalCarp flavor you want :D  :D  :D

Pineapple???? :D

:D:D:D:D

i get it, you are putting all of those boilies you bought in a royal label bag

:D

i agree with scott. i might be ready to put a lot more bait in the water than just your pack, and i'd go with a "real " pickup like a puff over a bead... but i think pay guys will do just fine.

:D:D

By the way...I was'nt implying Paylakers suck. <_< I used to be one. I'm just saying that it is not a paylake and the fish might not jump right onto millet or chow or anyother packbait for that matter. It would be wise to bring what the fish have been caught on before. But knowing what a paylaker is like....I'm sure that a good paylaker would bring more than just his usual.

And Louis....are you making fun of my "unproper" pickup???? :D

I agree with scott, putting aside the chow issue and i know ill get grief on this statement , but paylake pack bait is just method mix with a different bookcover. John was fishing with his Packbait and he did just fine in fact much better than i did. I didnt use method/pack and was fishing boilies. The method/pack fish outnumbered all the plain boilie boys.

I fished atc last year and used my method mix a chicken crumble concoction and caught fish with corn on the hair.

now using a bead pick up with packbait etc (true paylake style ) might not work as well but then in all fishing circumstances you have to adapt to the situation.

charlie its like saying they should they all go out and buy long rods, baitrunners, beepers, funny lookin nets , and save the short rods and baitcasters for paylakes and resevoirs back home ? :D:D not pickin on ya just dont understand the logic.

edit got interupted b4 i posted and now see mnay thoughts duplicated

By the way...I was'nt implying Paylakers suck. <_<  I used to be one. I'm just saying that it is not a paylake and the fish might not jump right onto millet or chow or anyother packbait for that matter. It would be wise to bring what the fish have been caught on before. But knowing what a paylaker is like....I'm sure that a good paylaker would bring more than just his usual.

Hey Charley, give me a little hope a 2000 mile trek is a long way to go for a paylaker to blank, just glad i will be fishing ROYAL Scopex boilies over the top of my millet and/or chow pack baits :D and if that don't work maybe the ROYAL man can guide me down the right road since i will be feeshin wid him :D:D

Later,

Chris C.

Rippin' :D

Chris - you'll do fine with Alex

When the hell did I say the paylakers need to go total euro tackle and get rid of the baitcasters? :D I just said packbait fished around a traditional paylake pickup might not be the best option at Town. Which is also a river if I'm not mistaken. Jessh! Why is my comments always taken out of context? And don't even start the thin skinned crap you bunch of *%$!@!! :D

Chris - don't mix and match too much, it does not always work.

BTW, I will have a couple of kilos of MAINLINE PINEAPPLE with me as well, gotta cover all the bases ya know :D

Rippin' :D

You see....now here is a good paylaker. Way to go Chris! I'll be rooting for ya. And Cornbread too. :D

Chris - you'll do fine with Alex

Thanks Keith, not even sweatin' it, hell all i want to do is catch a dang buffalo (never caught one YET) and/or maybe beat my pb carp, and by the looks of some of those you and Alex caught, i have a little bit of confidence built up :D

See ya soon mate!,

Chris

Chris - don't mix and match too much, it does not always work.

Hope i don't have to Keith :D

Later,

Chris C.

Rippin' coming soon to a town called Austin :D

Fishing packbait around a feeder/lead is not the same as packing it around a pickup (pop,puff,bead). If I was going I would most definatly pack my packbait around my lead but I would be using hair rigged corn or boilies. Not a pickup. I don't see how thats saying paylakers won't do well. I just don't think they'll do well to fish pack like they do in a paylake. Got it now?

who said anything about thin skinned :D:D and you are right no where did you say they should get long rods etc, i was making an analogy, reread my post :D Charlie i am one of the guys who actually did take up the offer to go paylakin to see how the other half does it. I would love to see a paylaker come home with the gold.

and if they did it with some of the homegrown techniques all the better !!