Carp Anglers Group Forums

ITEMS STOLEN FROM ACS

Guest Sean Manning

Guest Sean Manning

Hi guys,

Hate to do this but unfortunately need to publicise items of tackle that were stolen from The American Carp Society from the October 2004 ACS Nationals held at Lake hominy. We have been in contact with team who took the gear but after many attempts they have not been returned to us. Items missing include large soft mesh landing net, keep sacks, Nash Monster beanie mat etc etc. Tackle worth in excess of $375 in all.

A self titled 'paylaker', James Hill from Georgia and his partner was the person/team who took said items 'inadvertantly' I'm sure...... but who unfortunately has not returned them after many attempts. If you see these items of tackle on the bank (unlikely I know :D ) know that they are property of ACS and are now deemed as items 'stolen'. If anyone knows this guy personaly I would greatly appreciate a 'quiet' word in his ear. It's unfortunate but apparently these things happen etc.

Best

Sean Manning :D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must have by now gotten the two keep nets we used at a peg at the ATC....Right??????? I know Jackie mailed them out A.S.A.P. :D

Sean, I honestly can't place the guys you are talking about, but there are a lot of guys who fish the Ga. paylakes that I only see every now and then. Big Al and I will keep an eye out, and if we see or hear of anyone who has them we will put a bug in their ear. All I ask is that all paylakers not be judged by a few bad ones. Please....Thanks....Pete

Wow--The power of the internet in action. :D

I'd be ashamed to show my face at a paylake if I we're those guys. :D

Hope you get your gear back, and if not, you can bet that Mr. Hills good name won't be so good anymore, even amongst "friends".

Guest Sean Manning

Pete,

No worries there mate...have met a few recently and are all good guys.... :D:D believe me I'm not one to tar everyone with the same brush.....what with being English and a carper on this forum.... :D:D I'm just glad you guys are gracious enough not to do likewise !!! :D:D:D:D:D or my A## might be toast !!

Cheers

Sean :D

Guest Dale Willis

Sean, I'm sure you know as I do a theft is a theft, these just happen to profess to being paylakers. I can't apologize for what these guys have done to the ACS and you. I can say that the ACS has gone out the way to help many of us, and I appriciate it very much. On the other hand $375.00 may be a small price to pay to get them out of your lives.

I'm just trying my best to figure out what the hammerhead is going to do with the gear???? :D:D:D Can't be used at a paylake without standing out like Saddam Hussein in tights. :D

Tom.

I'm just trying my best to figure out what the hammerhead is going to do with the gear???? :D  :D  :D  Can't be used at a paylake without standing out like Saddam Hussein in tights. :D

Tom.

:D:D:D:D ya know i just love good ole country humor :D:D:D

Guest Cactus Carp

Sean best of luck on your situation, sadly it only takes a few....for a split second I thought your post was going to say at the ATC corn boil. I was thinking I did not meet anyone I think would steal from a fellow fisherman, but :D one never knows.... as the old cliche' says what goes around comes around. May not do much for you.. for what is is worth I don't know any of these persons I have a quite common name since I'm a quite common person seeking enlightenment :D

Fished with some of you so I'd like to think you kind of know me somewhat.

Hey Sean, do you know what part of Ga. this guy is from? I like Pete have never heard of the guy but will keep an ear and eye open for ya :D

Take Care,

Chris C.

Along those lines, from what I have read on paylakers sounds like a fairly close knit group.

True, but there's not a lot of love for a tackle thief within any group.

The paylake community is just like any other group. There's a lot of diversity. And, just like any other group, there's the occasional low life.

Give it some time. Word of this will get around.

Guest The Kernel

They were definitely 'real' paylakers, I received a look of imminent death after I made the mistake of asking what was in the foul smelling concoction they were using.... :D :D

It is all Brian Capiens fault :D , I think he might have really really pissed them off by bursting into their tent and waking them up at 3am after they had been fish-less for 50 hours with arms outstretched and yelling "lend me your radio, LEND ME YOUR RADIO!!...WE HAVE JUST CAUGHT A REALLY MASSIVE HUGE MONSTER CARP!!!!" They left at first light...... :D:D:D

Someone here probably knows them, I'd imagine this forum is where they heard about the event.

I hope you get your gear back Sean....

Guest Cactus Carp
Along those lines, from what I have read on paylakers sounds like a fairly close knit group.

True, but there's not a lot of love for a tackle thief within any group.

The paylake community is just like any other group. There's a lot of diversity. And, just like any other group, there's the occasional low life.

Give it some time. Word of this will get around.

Buster,

Don't take me wrong bro, I'm not saying this is a common thing or so on. I know it is not, it could just have happened else where. What I'm saying is that someone will come across these persons. Due to the fact the nature of the paylaking scene and its nature.

I don't want to come across as I'm knocking paylaker I'm not. I spoke with some first class paylakers at the ATC. I know certain person do not reflect this on everyone one else.

We have been in contact with team who took the gear but after many attempts they have not been returned to us.

A self titled 'paylaker', James Hill from Georgia and his partner was the person/team who took said items

Sean - how have you 'been in contact' with these folks? If via email, how about sharing it. If via phone, how about sharing it? Otherwise, a street address will do nicely. :D :D

I'm certain that among the group, we could surely figure out some interesting way(s) to add to the pressure they should be feeling to return your gear.

Guest Cactus Carp
We have been in contact with team who took the gear but after many attempts they have not been returned to us.

A self titled 'paylaker', James Hill from Georgia and his partner was the person/team who took said items

Sean - how have you 'been in contact' with these folks? If via email, how about sharing it. If via phone, how about sharing it? Otherwise, a street address will do nicely. :D :D

I'm certain that among the group, we could surely figure out some interesting way(s) to add to the pressure they should be feeling to return your gear.

Sean as Newt has said, how about a rally on the troops ??

Guest Cactus Carp
Sure takes a lowlife to streal.Hope everything turns up! :D

Justin

The % of good guys/laidies outweight the solid waste of the group. Which is fortunatley the smallest % of the "fishermen".

Guest kidcarp

Nothing lower than a person that would take anything, no mater what the numaric value from someone that lent it to you in good faith..This type of broken trust never quite mends..It will,if only unspoken,make it harder for the people of ACS to lend things at future events to people they do not know..It hurts us all in the long run..We Carpers are family ,but like all families there are always a few bad seeds...

If you Tackle Thiefs are reading this thread..Do what is right !!Your actions right and wrong ,affect us all as a group!!

Guest Cactus Carp
Nothing lower than a person that would take anything, no mater what the numaric value from someone that lent it to you in good faith..This type of broken trust never quite mends..It will,if only unspoken,make it harder for the people of ACS to lend things at future events to people they do not know..It hurts us all in the long run..We Carpers are family ,but like all families there are always a few bad seeds...

If you Tackle Thiefs are reading this thread..Do what is right !!Your actions right and wrong ,affect us all as a group!!

Well said ! Once one breaks a trust..how can one redeem themselves ??