Carp Anglers Group Forums

Cold Water Bite Detection...

Savayman

As the water temps continue to drop into the winter months carp will continue to feed. However their metabolism and movements will slow considerably.

At this time bite detection becomes even more critical... in some instances a small 1-2" line movement may be the only indication of a fish picking up a bait.

Delkim's unique, patented detection system allows you to adjust sensitivity to detect not only the tiniest line movement but also line vibration (such as the 'wash' from a carp's fins as it feeds over baits).

If this sounds too fantastic just read renowned carp legend Frank Warwicks comments on why he uses Delkim Alarms...

post-479-1289323167.jpg

"Please bear in mind I use Delkims by choice, I am not paid to say this!

I have tried and used all manner of alternative bite alarms and once I got used to them and made it my business to mentally adjust to the infinite options on tuning for various situations I may encounter I found to my delight that I could use the Delkims to act as an early warning system when fish are in my swim, consequently I know when to sit on my hands and keep the swim undisturbed to await action.

Alternatively should fish give bleeps and occasional liners followed by inactivity I know that I have probably been "done" so I know to check rigs and re bait for another crack!

I have no hesitation in saying the Delkims have without doubt caught me fish I would have missed without them! I unreservedly recommend them."

And Danny Fairbrass on why he prefers Delkims - especially over conventional roller alarm systems in cold weather...

"Why do I use Delkim?

Many years ago I went carp fishing with a real master, Shaun Harrison. We fished somewhere ‘up north’ and what immediately struck me about Shaun’s fishing was the ‘finesse’ he applied to all aspects, rigs, hardware bait etc.

On the indication front Shaun was using very lightweight homemade bobbins coupled with Delkim buzzers, this set up was giving him indications that I simply wasn’t getting on my super slick Stevie Neville swingers and Fox roller alarms.

The indications Shaun was getting were enough to show him that fish were on his baits and after changing a few things rig wise he got the only bite of the day, anywhere on the lake. That was enough for me and I purchased my first set of Delkims before my next session.

That session with Shaun coincided with a session on a local water in freaky weather conditions, driving rain then clear cold winter skies, my Fox roller buzzers actually froze and stopped me getting any bleeps at all, I woke to see the left hand rod tip pulled round violently, the fish was landed but this again showed the limitations of any roller buzzer.

Don't forget anyone who owns or purchases Delkim alarms before Dec 31st 2010 are eligible to save up to 50% off the New Saxon hexalite rods.

Edited by Savayman