Carp Anglers Group Forums

New Baits

jbrown

Just so you all know my new line of Cat's and Carp Corn has taken off with orders coming in daily, well almost. Looking forward to the catch reports and anyone who wishes to contact me concerning a product idea or change that could be essential or just wants to talk baits I can always be reached at jbrown@betterbankanglers.com. I live on a river in Indiana now and can quickly check results as I wet a line daily.

One feature I have decided to included to help the experimenter is my bait soaks, I call them Glugs, are the EXACT same flavor as my corn only 10 times stronger, so if the fish in your favorite swim likes one of my flavors you can economically make gallons of bait with 6 bucks worth of Glug. My experimentation found that not all flavors are equal and one manufacturers flavor could be radically different from another's but both would be called the same name.

We all know how carp can sometimes show preferences and something different can be the thing that get's noticed or one bait gets hot and stays that way. If you are going to fish competitions I reccommend thinking along the lines of something different. For private fishing try at least six baits and develop patterns and go with it. Hit it while it's hot. Paul P. did that last year with a successful run of major tournament wins. Your bait could and generally should match the flavor of you chum but it can stand out using color, stronger flavor, motion, size, etc. Or you can chance having one flavor chum and another on your bait. Try one of each and pay attention to the results. These fish can be patterned as they react instinctively and not cognitivley.

Carp are smart fish and it can be a thinking man's game out there. Tight lines to all. jb