Carp Anglers Group Forums

Commercials... new Web page?

Jerome

Folks,

reacting to Telfish post which got censored (for reasons I can understand!)...

1. many of us have been wondering at one point or another where to buy fishing goods in the US

2. seems that there are quite a few initiatives in this respect from various members of this forum

So, in addition to this "commercial corner" forum, I was wondering if we couldn't have an easy to find Web page which would display names, URLs and e-mails of the various folks selling carp fishing stuff. Without any aggressive advertisement, just a bare list (content moderated by forum moderators & our Webmaster).

I wouldn't put any restriction on it (e.g. NACA advertisement), the point is more to help carp tackle owners to promote themselves and to help carp anglers to find such stores. I am very convinced that easier ways to purchase carp angling goods would go a long way promoting carp angling in the US.

Just an idea... I didn't bug Jim for a change to the Web site for at least a week... :D

If anyone wants to have their carp fishing page (of any type listed) I am creating a links page on my personal pages. Email or PM me the the link and the title you would like and I will add it to the page (no banners or logos though just straight links). I made a start already

Carp Fishing Links

Er... Somebody paying more attention than me pointed out that what I suggested already exist... :D :D

Go check this page.

So... what can I say... Well done, Jim. :D

I would just suggest that Telfish, Keith, Jbrown and whoever else starting to sell carp angling goods would request their link to be added to this page.

And maybe also could I also suggest to Brian to add a pointer to this "carplinks" page in his "pinned" post about this new idea of a commercial-oriented forum? So that empty-headed guys like me will figure out the obvious more easily... :D

I try to make the links page as simple as possible (no icons/images etc) and in no particular order (so no one can say well I should be at the top blah blah blah).