Carp Anglers Group Forums

Utah State Chair (intent)

(UT) Woody

I am writing this post as a letter if intent to offer myself up for the position of CAG Utah representative.

My name is Paul and I have been living in Sandy Utah for the last 2 years. 
I moved with my family from the UK and intend to live out the rest of my life here in Utah.
My fishing experiences started when I was around 5 years old out with my dad catching whatever I could on garden dug worms and from there on in I was literally hooked.
Carp fishing has been a passion of mine since around 1978 and I have fished a large number of well known Carp meccas around the world. I would not say I was an expert by any means but have gained knowledge from many who I would class as Experts and Mentors.
What I do know about our passion I like to share and give something back to the art and craft that so many shared with me.
Since moving to Utah I have been trying to promote the discipline of Catch and release of our favored species and offer hints, tips and experiences to fellow fishing people on the bank side.
I will continue to promote our passion/sport with the current carp anglers in the Utah area as well as offer support to anyone who would like to know more about our group.
There is a healthy population of Carp anglers here in Utah and a lot more who see us as Alien beings but with education and participation I am sure more will see what great fun can be had consciously fishing for the wily Carp.

Whatever the outcome of this letter of intent I will still continue to promote our passion and tight lines everyone.

Best wishes
Woody

• 4 months later...

I wish there was more carp fishermen here in utah. I just started my YouTube channel in hopes to make quality content to help further more carp fisherman and to change the stigma that Utah has for them. Even though I'm brand new here I have been fishing for carp for a while now and wish that certain rules would change to make it more successful fishing for carp. Specifically using pack baits and feed her tackle which Utah finds a legal and I created a YouTube video specifically for.

Sounds like things are moving in the right direction in Utah.  Keep it up!

Edited by (RI) pickerd
adding info

On 3/28/2019 at 7:22 AM, need my fishing fix YT said:

I wish there was more carp fishermen here in utah. I just started my YouTube channel in hopes to make quality content to help further more carp fisherman and to change the stigma that Utah has for them. Even though I'm brand new here I have been fishing for carp for a while now and wish that certain rules would change to make it more successful fishing for carp. Specifically using pack baits and feed her tackle which Utah finds a legal and I created a YouTube video specifically for.

There are a few of us in Utah.

Come and join in the fun