Carp Anglers Group Forums

Lead weights (Sinkers)

Guest telfish

• 1 month later...

Hi Tel -

The thread is still here, by default old threads are not displayed after 30 days. Any reply or update restarts the clock. So this thread will be visable for at least another 30 days.

All the best.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Terry -

The leads arrived and I am quite pleased. The sand color coating is very natural looking. I can't wait to try em out. One thing I already like is the thinner guage of wire on the 3 oz flat pears. Local sinker makers use such thick wire it is difficult to use Korda or Fox lead clips. These will do nicely. I'll let you know how I get on with them.

All the best,

Brian "Carpaholic" Nordberg

Guest telfish
Hi Terry -

The leads arrived and I am quite pleased.  The sand color coating is very natural looking.  I can't wait to try em out.  One thing I already like is the thinner guage of wire on the 3 oz flat pears.  Local sinker makers use such thick wire it is difficult to use Korda or Fox lead clips.  These will do nicely.  I'll let you know how I get on with them.

All the best,

Brian "Carpaholic" Nordberg

Hi Brian,

I meant to put a note in with your leads, I owe you 5 of the swivel type. When I came to do the coating three of the leads I was not happy with, unfortunately I had run out of clips so could not re do them, and two of the coated leads had runs in the coat. So I put some extra styles in to partly make up, however I still owe you the 5 leads and will send them as soon as I catch up with my other orders.

Regards

Terry

I went out on a very windy day to fish a lake Michigan WWD that I have fished since the late 60's. I has a very strong current and tons of sharp rocks to eat up whatever you thow in there. Over the years I've used just about every rig I could think of to fish it effectively. I had pretty much resigned myself to losing alot of gear and getting a few fish.

Well I gave Terry's leads a try, I was ledgering for carp. I can't say I was successfull with the fish. No one else caught anything that day. I used 2 identical setups, rods, line, baits, etc. On one I used Terry's leads the other, another well known brand. The score was 3 lost leads on the well known brand and none on Terry's leads. As promised they would plane up when reeled in and avoid the hang ups. They held the bottom well as there were no extra chirps on my bite alarms. It's nice to find a fishing product that works this well.

The finish is almost too pretty to fish and the different collors should get you a few more fish as the wieght will blend in with the bottom better. No paint chips in a long day of fishing.

Terry, I'll be seening you at the Junior Carp Tournament and wish to purchase some more then, before hand as you know I'll be fishing the Larry for 2 weeks. jb