Carp Anglers Group Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Looking for some friendly advice on what works for the stretch of Des Plaines in downtown Joliet. Figure if I’m driving 5 hours each way might as well dress for success😂Don’t worry, I won’t be winning the tournament 🤪
  3. Yesterday
  4. Nanook

2019 CCC angler list

Did you get mine?
  5. Chad

2019 CCC Donor board.

A big thank you to DHL and Cory Bohmann for donating a box full of prizes for the CCC.
  6. Chad

2019 CCC angler list

Aniq Sajjed haa now been added to the angler list....welcome Aniq from Minnesota.
  7. Here is an interesting perspective on the Round Gobies https://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/27/us/27cncgoby.html There are also claims that the common carp have started eating them
  8. Hi Andrew, that was an awesome video.....What predator fish do you have in that lake, seems like that there may be a shortage of the predatory fish and do most of them not feed on the gobies? As far as I know we do not have those in the lakes I fish in SC, At least I have never heard of them around here. If you get more videos please post them, Todd
  9. Last week
  10. Nanook

2019 CCC angler list

Great, thanks! Now I just need tips on fishing that stretch of river. Do method leads work? That’s my only technique thus far😂
  11. Chad

2019 CCC angler list

yes....every peg that will be used you can scooter up to
  12. Great to see the King is going to defend his tittle!!!! lol right Carpist ????
  13. Is a buzz bait or a spinnerbait an acoustic, that is, it attracts by sound? Noisy surface lures as a Hula Popper has drawn fish from as deep as 20 feet.
  14. Welcome Steve Passaic River has carp in pretty much everywhere, just a matter finding a spot that you like and maybe chum it for a couple days prior to fishing and see if they are there but you can always scout any pond or lake close to you and see if you can find them, I think at least 90% of NJ waters has carp in it
  15. Looks like your situation is similar to what we have here in Colorado. Chumming (pre-baiting) is illegal. "It is illegal to introduce anything into waters of the state for the purpose of attempting to attract fish (e.g. chumming, artificial light, acoustic equipment, etc.) that is not attached or applied to a lure as defined" "A lure is defined as any man-made object comprised of metal, plastic, wood and/or other nonedible materials made or used to catch fish." So, if you use a method lead, or popup boilie rig, etc., you are fine as long as the bait it attached to the lure. Some here in Colorado question the use of pack baits and there seems to be some discretion among wildlife officers whether that is considered chumming. I do not consider it to be so, since I embed the hook in the packbait, and it remains attached by a hook link the entire time I am fishing. The packbait does tend to dissolve a bit and float around, but it was attached when I cast it out. An officer may disagree. I don't know, I haven't spoken with one. North Dakota regulations define bait in three categories: 1. Live bait and baitfish, 2. Terrestrial bait (such as nightcrawlers, and waxworms), and 3. Manufactured bait. "Products manufactured as edible fishing bait and other inert biodegradable substances are legal bait." Corn is not specifically manufactured to catch fish, but would certainly seem to fit within those definitions. It is certainly not prohibited. Same with bread, oats, bread crumbs, or other substances often used in carp fishing. Not specifically allowed, but it's hard to see a wildlife officer complaining about corn when nightcrawlers and salamanders are expressly allowed. As always, your mileage may vary. Game officers are very individual and may have their own definitions, especially for a species unfamiliar to them, such as carp. Another thing to keep in mind though is that the North Dakota regulations define common carp and silver carp as None-game Class III Aquatic Nuisance Species (ANS), which "can be kept for consumption if legally harvested." but "cannot be released alive back into a waterbody after they have been harvested." So apparently, catch and release carp fishing is illegal in North Dakota.
  16. As for the chumming, I would contact the fish & game office for an explanation. Make sure you get the name of the person you talk to. This is in case there is a difference of opinion with an officer. Can't help with the rest. Good luck.
  17. I was having trouble finding exact rules for carp fishing in North Dakota. It says there is no chumming unless the bait is attached to the hook. It does not say rather I can use sweet corn or field corn for bait or not. I am living in Minot, ND, and I wonder if anyone has any good carp fishing spots close to me.
  18. Nanook

2019 CCC angler list

I’ll be there! Is is there a trail or path that I can ride my three wheel scooter down? I can’t walk very far these days.
  19. Beautiful carp and venue! Love your story. on the Heron thing, I’ve not caught any carp watching them all day, even when they walked by my rods setting off my Delkim’s.😂
  20. Congratulations on breaking the blank days. If carp fishing was so simple and easy, we would gotten bored and taken up knitting. Keep going!
  21. A few days ago, I got up before sunrise to visit a small carp venue and see if I could avenge my 3 straight blanks. Everything looked nice and carpy with some bubbling going on, so I got my bait together and fired it out hoping for the best. I opted to scale down my presentation for the smaller fish in this locale and packed a mesh PVA bag full of a commercial stick n bag mix, krill pellets and corn. Sitting back and waiting( hoping )for a run, it was nice to observe the early morning wildlife activity, including this fly-over! I heard that some Asian cultures believe that a heron is a signal of good luck so I considered it a good sign. Staying light and mobile, I never had my carp pod and electronics with me so I had to concetrate on watching my line. Finally, my rod tip started to bounce slightly and it wasn't long before I got the long awaited run. After a few tense moments, this silvery little beauty graced my mat. Although she couldn't have been more than 6lbs, it was my first fish in 3 outings so I was happy to have had her! Shortly after re-baiting and re-casting, my rod tip began to dance again. Then, I observed my line moving sloooowly to the left and stop. While I wondered whether to set the hook or not, I saw, rising to the surface like a submarine, a huge snapping turtle in the same area that my line had moved to. As the turtle moved on, I brought in my line to see that the hair was neatly stripped of its' two corn kernels. I was done in by the turtle. After re-baiting and re-casting again, the rod began it's little dance once more, and again, my line began slowly moving. This time, I set the hook emmidiately and I began a very slow and prolonged battle with, yup, the snapping turtle! Fortunately, it released my bait and everything flew back at me, with the corn neatly stripped from the hair again like it had never been there. Time to move. Even though the visability was only 8-inces at best, I could see some carp cruising about at this new location but nothing even came close to 'taking the bait.' As the morning drew to a close, I had to be happy with my one fish( and snapping turtle )on this fine summer day.
  22. Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I've been carp fishing for just over 2 years. I invested in one of those underwater cameras, and was shocked at all the invasive gobies in Lake Ontario. I knew they were a problem, but I had no idea they were this bad, and that they were attracted to carp baits. Any thoughts on how to deter them aside from just upping my bait size to say, boilies? Thanks, Andrew
  23. With Bogdan on the entry list the odds for everyone else winning just went up. LOL!
  24. Earlier
  25. Hi all. Names Matt. Live in york, Pa. Been fishing for carp just over a year and still searching for spots. Found one near me but always looking for someone to fish with.
  26. Chad

2019 CCC Donor board.

A big shout out to Dale Hollow Carp Adventures for donating a spot in their fall ( 2020 ) social ( with meals ) for the winner of the 2019 CCC. Thank you for your support and generosity.
  27. Good for you! I had a Smoky Mountain NP Grand Slam once- 5 rainbows, 4 browns and 2 brook trout in one day. Like to go back and try again.
  1. Load more activity