Carp Anglers Group Forums

Quarterly Printed News Letter

(NY) AF Bob

Hello All

I have been getting a lot of feedback about restarting a quarterly printed news letter. We are looking for someone who may want to help put it together. Here is a basic template we are looking at.

President Welcome

Ed's Corner (Ed Wagner Carp Stories)

Local Fish-Ins/Events Listing (From State Chairs)

CAG Store Specials (Barry Howard)

Quarterly Bait/Rig Tip (For All Types Waters)

Blast From the Past (Repost old NACA Stories)

Trophy Room

Any other ideas? This news letter could be mailed to our membership. Please give me a call if you would like to help produce the letter.

Thanks

AF Bob

(315) 323-4632

Edited by AF Bob

Guest RebelCarp

The quarterly bait tip should have mr. bigs recommendations :)

It should cover euro, paylaking and even flyfishing. What's generally a go to for the time period and what's producing.

Could be a certain popup/boilie, certain pack/puff flavoring and even what fly. Can also add stalking/corn chuckers/float fishing/surface fishing/zig fishing

Also can add where it's producing (stream, creek, pond, lake, river)

Just a idea

Guest THE BIG WORM

Any copies of an old one that could be posted for all to see to refresh everyone's memory as to what.was in them...? To help in the suggestion process.

I just finished a long conversation with AF Bob regarding the newsletter. I'm going to begin the legwork to see about printing costs (us or contract printer), size of paper, number of pages, etc. We already have a number of suggestions and suggested template for the newsletter. Any other suggestions, please post them here. AF Bob and I will closely monitor posts and will work with the BOD and members to come up with a great newsletter.

We will need a total team effort to get this off the ground. Anyone that wants to help please let us know.Thanks Again John for stepping up to the plate.

AF Bob

Object of the newsletter is to be very simple and to the point Just a informative printed voice of CAGs daily on goings and references. With a little extra here and there.

Edited by Sullypool

I would like to see a focus on club news, events and significant achievements and captures made by members. Rig tips and bait advice can be found from a million different sources these days so if the newsletter is going to be just a few pages that limited space should be focused on club specific content.

Edited by Hawkeye

I just finished a long conversation with AF Bob regarding the newsletter. I'm going to begin the legwork to see about printing costs (us or contract printer), size of paper, number of pages, etc. We already have a number of suggestions and suggested template for the newsletter. Any other suggestions, please post them here. AF Bob and I will closely monitor posts and will work with the BOD and members to come up with a great newsletter.

Tip of the hat to you and Ed...good stuff.

Catchy and short? That's me!

OK, I'm going to use this thread to keep the forum posted on progress. Right now, I'm getting feedback on the old NL. Thanks to those who contributed. There are four major printers in town that I'm going to visit and see what their capabilities are that fit our needs. We'll also compare- us or them. When I find out what they can do, being in the business world since 1964, (you didn't think I was that old!), I'm going to do a bid on the NL and then let the BOD examine the bids and make a decision. I want everyone to be informed and involved.