Carp Anglers Group Forums

Tennessee Fish-in Inquiry

As TN state chair, one of my responsibilities is to organize some fish-ins for the members and guests. To get started, how many would be interested in attending at least two this year? One member suggested this would determine what kind of venue would be needed, both for travel convenience for out of state carpers and TN carpers. Your answer is appreciated. I have some venues in mind but a couple might be limited to the numbers of carpers.

As long as there is nothing on my calendar for the date chosen, I will be there.  I can drive a good distance as well, I live a good ways from most places so I am used to it.

I'm sure that there are a few of us here in Georgia who would attend at least one TN fish-in - if not more - particularly if the venue is in eastern TN -- or maybe central.

Interstate 75 provides fairly easy access to a number of  possible venues on the Tennessee River system, and I-24 opens up several others to the west (e.g., Nickajack, Tim's Ford) that are from 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours from the Atlanta area.

• 1 month later...

I'll be compiling a list for the fish-in as to who will be attending or a possibility. I'll furnish hot dogs (known as Fish-in Filet Mignon), buns, condiments. You need to plan on bringing your own drinks as this can be a matter of preference for each person. If you would care to "contribute," let us know here and we can plan on a variety of snacks and other things.

I can bring a kayak to paddle out and place any chum day of the event if it is needed.  I also have a Yeti 65 for drinks if someone needs a place to put them.

If anyone has snack suggestions I will gladly supply some. 

spoon, that would be great! Brad, thanks. Is there anyway you and spoon could coordinate your baiting? I'll bring some spod mix to keep them interested during the two days I'll be there.

As I mentioned, I'll furnish the Fish-In Filet Mignon, buns, and condiments- mustard, ketchup, chopped onions, relish. We could use chips, nachos, dip and/or salsa, some type of snacks as cookies (something that is not heat intolerant). Brad,  I have an Orca ice chest to supplement your Yeti. I'll bring it more storage for drinks and keeping the lunch items cold.

I have a list of those who indicated attending. I'll find it and post it here and match it with the previous posts here.

I have a 10X10 popup canopy and some tarps that we can use for some shade. If you have one or a bivvy or brolly, bring it. This venue doesn't have trees down to the bank so we will be in the open. Sunscreen is a necessity for this fish-in.

Sign up here for your contribution for the lunch and snacks during the fish-in. Many thanks to all for helping with this.

Fish-ins are a combination of Food, Fun, Fellowship, and Fish!

Here is a list of carp anglers-

John T.

spoon

Brad

Aaron W.

Barry

Tony

Scott Baird- had to cancel due to his wife having a knee injury.

wft355- no name for him

BTW, invite someone to attend!

I'm going to extend an invitation to the parks and recreation director, Steve Harrelson, and contact the local newspaper for a reporter and photographer.

I'm going to forgo the hot dogs as it is going to be in the 90s on Saturday. Don't feel like slaving over a hot grill in the middle of the day. I'll get a selection of cold cuts, rolls, cheeses, etc. as a substitute. Let me know what you propose to bring in the say of extras.